Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Weekend Down South - ANCIENT BUCK (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Weekend Down South - ANCIENT BUCK (Video)

My daughter, Kelsey, and I blasted south Friday for another weekend of deer hunting at the CDLC. We made it in time to sit a short sit in a food plot so that Kelsey could miss a pig with my Winchester Model 70. Great afternoon together but frustrating with the miss.

Saturday morning we enjoyed a nice hunt together where we saw an OLLLDDDD buck I had been hoping to get a crack at all season. However, instructions were does only and we followed the rules closely. We did find out later that a buck like that doesn't require permission to whack. I want a do-over.

Saturday afternoon we split up with Kelsey going to #3 and me at #10. She had a good doe stare her down from the brush that never offered her an opportunity. My hunt got started and ended quickly, with a shot opportunity at 4:05 in the afternoon.

Sunday morning was quiet for both of us but we enjoyed our time in the blinds.

Here is a brief recap of the weekend complete with footage of the old buck. I think you'll find it interesting.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H5AGVu9Zto&t"]The Oldest Buck - A Doe for the Freezer - YouTube[/ame]

Jesus, that deer was ancient!! Nice shot on the slick....

Comment

Good video, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Yes. Let the distinguished, knobby-kneed, old gentleman die a natural death in the arms of his lover, not from the sharp projectile of a knobby-kneed old fart!

Comment

That deer could hardly run. What did you age him at?

Nice shot on doe. Tough to be crawling around in your knees and still film. Thanks for taking us.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

congrats

Comment

Nice video! I’d imagine there’s not many coyotes on that ranch for that old buck to last that long, or he’s just one lucky dude.

Comment

Great video Casey...you filmed a great, great, grandpa!
                That arrow looked to take a large right turn after passing through the doe.

Congrats on seeing one to shoot! (Seems when I am hunting bucks, I see does...hunting does, I see bucks...my luck has been no bueno!) Maybe this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                  Great video Casey...you filmed a great, great, grandpa!
                  That arrow looked to take a large right turn after passing through the doe.

Congrats on seeing one to shoot! (Seems when I am hunting bucks, I see does...hunting does, I see bucks...my luck has been no bueno!) Maybe this weekend!
                  Thanks, Mary.

I had another come in after this one, though it was small too. Kelsey had a mature one hang in the brush on her at #3.

Comment

Originally posted by ostey22 View Post
                    Nice video! I’d imagine there’s not many coyotes on that ranch for that old buck to last that long, or he’s just one lucky dude.
                    There are TONS of coyotes on this ranch.

Comment

Poor feller could barely trot....kinda comical.

The coyotes must be feeling sorry for him and wont eat him.

Comment

Not only is it great video of an ancient buck and his “high speed hobble” once spooked [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23], but if there was ever a perfect example of shooting in the deadly V and it passing through, this is it. That arrow zips right through the cartilage deep into the actual V with a mechanical head even. (Jakhammer possibly?). Amazing all these years I was taught to shoot behind the shoulder to avoid hitting it or quartering away into the opposite shoulder ... and I should have been pushing right through it when broadside. Yeah I know it’s been on here for a few years but I admittedly was set in my ways. Just goes to show you you can always learn something. You’d think with all the front quarters I’ve deboned I’d pay more attention.[emoji16]. Like I said in my deer kill thread this year, I’m gonna make a conscience effort next year to do this. Thanks for sharing Casey.

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

Congrats. I'm jealous. I have not been hunting since October 22. Not even hogs and all I have to do is walk out my door.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              Congrats. I'm jealous. I have not been hunting since October 22. Not even hogs and all I have to do is walk out my door.
                              We have not hunted as much this year early on...but are catching up now!

Comment

Working...
                              X