Big Tech companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Tech companies

Do you think that big tech companies are to big and pose a real threat to our republic?
    Do you believe they should be broken up?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I believe these big social media companies need to be reclassified and then held to account for suppressing the first amendment

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
      Do you think that big tech companies are to big and pose a real threat to our republic?
      Do you believe they should be broken up?

What good is having an FCC if we ain't gonna use it?

Comment

Big tech, big banks, big real estate developers, big railroad companies... been going on for centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          I believe these big social media companies need to be reclassified and then held to account for suppressing the first amendment
          And second amendment
          They may be more afraid of the second than the first.

Comment

The second is the only thing that protects the first.

Comment

Been there done that! The Robber Barons of the turn of the century where vilified for being wildly successful. (Carnegie, Chase, Melon, Rockerfeller, etc) I don't subscribe to penalizing success & innovation as a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                Been there done that! The Robber Barons of the turn of the century where vilified for being wildly successful. (Carnegie, Chase, Melon, Rockerfeller, etc) I don't subscribe to penalizing success & innovation as a great idea.
                I don't subscribe to penalizing success either however I do think proper regulation and oversight is a necessity especially with companies that can wield such power and influence. Centralized power to the degree that they have can be dangerous and pose a threat to our country.

Comment

I don't subscribe to penalizing success either however I do think proper regulation and oversight is a necessity especially with companies that can wield such power and influence. Centralized power to the degree that they have can be dangerous and pose a threat to our country.

When that is defined let us know as it is a fine line. Also, trusting congressional representatives to make those decisions with there hand open for favors automatically screws up validity. It is a tenuous situation at best, but YES guidelines are part of a functioning society.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    When that is defined let us know as it is a fine line. Also, trusting congressional representatives to make those decisions with there hand open for favors automatically screws up validity. It is a tenuous situation at best, but YES guidelines are part of a functioning society.
                    I hear you but who else has the ability to do it.
                    You gotta play the cards that you are dealt.

Comment

No argument from me...I'm just real cautious when disseminating power to bureaucrats due to a perceived major issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I admire success but there is no doubt the means of communication, the ability to relay your message has evolved from placing an ad or writing an op ed in the paper to social media.
                        If social media giants are going to allow themselves to be the new message boards they cannot suppress one voice for another.
                        Free speech is what made this country the best in the world and is what made these companies worth hundreds of billions. If they want to suppress one opinion for another then they need to pay a price for that.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

I admire success but there is no doubt the means of communication, the ability to relay your message has evolved from placing an ad or writing an op ed in the paper to social media.
                          If social media giants are going to allow themselves to be the new message boards they cannot suppress one voice for another.
                          Free speech is what made this country the best in the world and is what made these companies worth hundreds of billions. If they want to suppress one opinion for another then they need to pay a price for that.

Comment

Working...
                          X