Lake Somerville PHL - 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two things :
    1) When a deer blows you out, you are done for at least five hours. I wasn't about to wait six.
    2) I saw two bucks and a doe. All of them by themselves. I don't think the rut is in full swing yet around here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lake Somerville PHL - 2019-2020

Originally posted by greenmonstah View Post
      Two things :
      1) When a deer blows you out, you are done for at least five hours. I wasn't about to wait six.
      2) I saw two bucks and a doe. All of them by themselves. I don't think the rut is in full swing yet around here.

Taxidermist property is just outside of Caldwell. Bucks running does retarded there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Two things :

Curious on the "blow" time you cite. I'm guessing you mean that particular deer may not come back for 5 hours, which I think is long, anyway. But, it definitely doesn't apply to other deer, who may come by within minutes after a "blow" in my experience. Like to hear more of your thoughts.

Comment

Two different units today. Had a deer blow this morning and not a peep for a few hours. Went to another unit and after sitting down for about 30 minutes had a buck blow while facing the opposite direction. Kind of weird. In both cases the deer blew several times while walking away. The first deer I never saw. Sat till dark and never heard another thing. My concensus is if a deer blows in your area, pack your stuff and relocate.

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
            A very tall cat in the hat or lincoln.
            Just bought a cool orange cap with some breakup black tree branches. It is very visible but wonder if any game law officer would take an attitutde because the branches. I see folks on occassion with these. Never found any comments in the rule books. The hat does not have an inches requirement but I hate arguing with the man so wondering about the hat. My vest is all orange and legal for the 400 of course. The hat is the subject!! ?? Any experience comments?
            Way over-thinking it. Just wear a vest and an orange hat. You're good.

Comment

Thanks and comprehend over thinking. Hurts my head to think about it! My unanswered question: Does the Black Branched Orange cap meet the orange head gear rule? Simple but unanswered. I wear both vest and cap. One cap with branches, "or" one without! I could see the vest questonable which has a minimum of orange area. The hat says little other than be on my cone head six pack brain. All in fun but rules must be followed or follow to the deep dark side of the public hunt undisclosed sections to be seriously dealt with intruders and maliscious troublesome types!

Comment

Thanks and comprehend over thinking. Hurts my head to think about it! My unanswered question: Does the Black Branched Orange cap meet the orange head gear rule? Simple but unanswered. I wear both vest and cap. One cap with branches, "or" one without! I could see the vest questonable which has a minimum of orange area. The hat says little other than be on my cone head six pack brain. All in fun but rules must be followed or follow to the deep dark side of the public hunt undisclosed sections to be seriously dealt with intruders and maliscious troublesome types!

I’d say you’re fine unless explicitly stated that it needs to be solid orange. I’d love to see a game warden try to accurately determine the square inches of orange versus black in a pattern especially in the field. It’s about safety, and you’re complying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree. I just do not see but rarely anyone with the branches. Made me wonder why? I am so much more stylish with the branches! Man do I look good now! If the Man has an issue, I will let them know Hogstalker said it was cool and they will flee. Now I just need a feather in my cap.

Comment

Just had a guy walk by one of my cameras. He's not wearing orange but he is bundled up pretty good so hopefully it's under his coat and he doesn't get in trouble if a GW is out there.

How do you guys feel when someone walks in front of one of your cameras? It irks me but I'm not mad about it. Kind of a weird feeling. This has been a pretty hot spot so I hope he doesn't see my setup and campout. Oh the joys of public land.

Comment

I would be afraid to leave one as someone may enjoy it more than me. Private land can still happen. I have had good luck and believe most folks have integrity. Just dont tell I said so or it may go to their heads. If I finally get to these stompin grounds, I will wave and continue on sir. Hunting pigs at Granger and nothing so far. Seems like you guys have more pigs but you are much more distance. I am coming though.

Comment

I would be afraid to leave one as someone may enjoy it more than me. Private land can still happen. I have had good luck and believe most folks have integrity. Just dont tell I said so or it may go to their heads. If I finally get to these stompin grounds, I will wave and continue on sir. Hunting pigs at Granger and nothing so far. Seems like you guys have more pigs but you are much more distance. I am coming though.
                        Finding the pigs is 5 ft ragweed is gonna be your problem walking around woods where people are hunting will be your problem

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you guys feel when someone walks in front of one of your cameras?

The better one is when you and your buddy are in treestands 40 yards apart and a millennial walks between you in his converse shoes, skinny jeans, and crossbow. He walks 5 yds from your buddy looks up, says hello, and continues walking. You whistle, wave, and give the FU finger and he continues walking, directly to where the deer should be coming from. Oh, yeah, 40 minutes before dark. ***. Yup, happened to us last year at Granger.

Comment

Going out this week during the work days. Any advice on good locations?

Comment

Originally posted by scottimus View Post
                              Going out this week during the work days. Any advice on good locations?
                              I would start in the woods. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I would start in the woods. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I can do that! Some GPS coordinates in the woods would be fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                                X