La-z-boy recliner, yay or nay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

La-z-boy recliner, yay or nay

Been looking at these, and boy has the price gone up on them. Seems like every time I finally get money set aside after bills and car repairs and vacations the dang price has gone up another $100.

I know they are pretty well made, but before I go dropping 700-1000 on a recliner is there any other brand yall recommend checking out? Also considering getting a sectional with the recliner built in.

I have had Lazy Boy and Lane Both were good.

Heck I have had good luck from the ones st Sam's Had 1 for 20 years and it still is going strong.

Comment

wait for the memorial day sale

we dropped a chunk of change on La-z-boy recliners 2 years ago. (replacing one i had for over 20 years, my Kramer chair ) I did notice it went from solid wood frame to the doubled up particle board frame but still reclines/rocks and is VERY comfortable.

Sat in a bunch of other brands only to come back to la-z-boy.... material and cushions (comfort) won out.

Comment

I picked mine up at Gallery on sale, I sure sleep good in it!

Comment

We bought a pair of La-Z-Boy recliners about a year ago, maybe a little more. I do feel they are better made than some other brands out there, and they have a huge selection of color and fabric choices which was nice. The main thing I don't like, which you will notice in the store, is the way the chair locks back when reclined. I like to sit with my arms above my head and unless there is a 25 pound dog in my lap this requires me to be all the way back. My wife likes the feature. If I had it to do over, and could find something I liked at any other furniture store for half the price I would do that in a heartbeat. I'm also hard on furniture- my chair is getting a butt groove and is somewhat dirty although it will clean up well for the most part. Dirty isn't the makers fault, but the microfiber we had from rooms to go worked better for my use (also a different color). My wife's chair is like new. I have also heard the foam is better. My father in law is a big guy and bought a firm chair from La-Z-Boy that hasn't broken down. Your mileage may vary, but if the cost is an issue no it isn't double the chair for double the money in my opinion.

Comment

Home Stretch Porter. I think that Home Stretch is an Ashley brand. If you have a Home Furniture store around you, they carry them. I have had mine for about 3 years and I love it. Plenty of room for me and a couple of the kids to sit on my lap.

I think that I paid around $450.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
              The main thing I don't like, which you will notice in the store, is the way the chair locks back when reclined. I like to sit with my arms above my head and unless there is a 25 pound dog in my lap this requires me to be all the way back.

if you look on the underside there is a wingnut on each side, tighten those up just a bit and it adjusts the weight needed to recline the back.
              I sit a lot like you hands over my head slightly reclined, i adjusted mine and it takes just a little more "umph" to get to the spot i want but stays there.

Comment

Originally posted by wassaw View Post
                if you look on the underside there is a wingnut on each side, tighten those up just a bit and it adjusts the weight needed to recline the back.
                I sit a lot like you hands over my head slightly reclined, i adjusted mine and it takes just a little more "umph" to get to the spot i want but stays there.
                Sorry to derail the thread but Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by wassaw View Post
                  Thanks for this tip!! I have been trying since we got ours to figure out a way make a recline stop

I literally tried and sat in hundreds of recliners over several stores back when were looking and after looking and trying out the La-Z-Boy, I had found the one. They are way more $$ than the average recliners but it is quality and warranty is unbeatable. The only thing I would change on mine is I would have chose a non rocker model.

Comment

Your the consumer. Your money. Do your do diligence ...........shop around.

Comment

We bought 2 back around 1998 and I still use mine. It has held up extremely well. We bought all new leather from ashleys a year ago and my wife wanted new, so I put hers in my camper and it is great having it at deer camp. I have to run my wife out of my chair almost every day. I have had lanes and they will not last compared to a Lazy Boy. I will not ever have another chair for me unless it is a Lazy Boy. Worth every penny. Shop around and negotiate. By the way, the leather recliner that came from ashleys already has the stitching coming apart. I will not be going there again either.

Comment

I've tried a few brands, but the lazy Boys' are the best by far.

Comment

If you're looking for leather, Hancock & Moore or Bradington-Young.

Comment

Not sure if they have one in your area but look at" furniture row" Sofa mart.
                            The "Cloud" recliner is the best chair ever! after I got it my wife tries to claim it as hers! then my parents came over and checked it out, went home and got 2 cloud love sets and a recliner!
                            sofamart.furniturerow.com

Comment

I have had 2 lazy boys in the last 24 years and I sit in it daily, only 2. Well worth the money.

Comment

Working...
                              X