O.H. Ivie giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tamu_bspeck View Post
    It is a video game of sorts. The common misconception though is that it is easy. I've watched a lot of folks who thought it was plug n play where fish just jumped in the livewell. That's is far from the case. It requires a lot of hours to get really proficient with it. I had probably 1000 or more hours before I felt like it became cheating. Most will never put in that type of commitment. It isn't just learning the technology. You have to learn boat control and bait presentation as well.
    I don't doubt it takes some level of skill to be proficient but being able to bonk a fish in the nose with your lure in 20 feet of cloudy water just seems a bit unfair. To each his own though.

Comment

Less than half of these SAL fish were caught offshore using active sonar. Most were caught spawning. So are some people worried about active sonar but not bank fishing for spawners? Catching a fish spawning on the bank is way easier IMO than tracking down a fish in open water and getting it to bite.

Comment

Those same guys using all this technology and high speed stuff were catching them before it came out and will catch em without it. They could out fish most of us with a Snoopy pole and a canoe. Technology doesn't make the fisherman no more than it makes the hunter. It's still the Indian not the arrow. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          Are you the Dru from BTL?
          Yes

Comment

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
            I don't doubt it takes some level of skill to be proficient but being able to bonk a fish in the nose with your lure in 20 feet of cloudy water just seems a bit unfair. To each his own though.
            You wound be suprised how hard it really is to hit a fish with a lure watching it on livescope. With trying to control the boat and the fish moving it’s pretty hard. I fish quite a few bass tournaments a year and I think livescope can hurt you just as much as it can help you. I have spent many hours during tournaments fishing for suspended fish offshore for them to not bite. You can definitely waste some time watching the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
              Yes
              Cool, frequented that website for tour news since 2007 and the wide open days, Matt needs a sidekick it ain't the same without Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                Cool, frequented that website for tour news since 2007 and the wide open days, Matt needs a sidekick it ain't the same without Mark.
                Yes he does. A lot of guys around Norman can guest host with him. He needs to bring Harold Allen back. Mark is trying his hand at pro bowling now.

Comment

We could do it before livescope essentially but not as efficiently albeit. 2d sonar allowed you to see your jig and the fish. It wasn't live sonar but you could mark depths of active fish and use that to identify structure to fish and drop your Bair right down amongst them. You didn't get to see them react the way we do now though. I know guys that can point at a tree on fork and tell you the exact depth to drop to and you would catch a fish as soon as it got there. Mammals are creatures of habit and they tend to end up in the same places with comparable conditions

Comment

Originally posted by tamu_bspeck View Post
                    We could do it before livescope essentially but not as efficiently albeit. 2d sonar allowed you to see your jig and the fish. It wasn't live sonar but you could mark depths of active fish and use that to identify structure to fish and drop your Bair right down amongst them. You didn't get to see them react the way we do now though. I know guys that can point at a tree on fork and tell you the exact depth to drop to and you would catch a fish as soon as it got there. Mammals are creatures of habit and they tend to end up in the same places with comparable conditions
                    Fish ain't mammals

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      Fish ain't mammals
                      Parently my fingers are too fat or type too fast. Sposed to say animals not mammals.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                        I bet a 13lb bass has some nice sized filets.... yumm.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                        I've ate a 10, it wasn't that good. Small bass eat great.

Just watched some YouTube videos on livescope, I had no idea that technology existed. Kinda takes the sport out of fishing and turns it into a video game.
                        I've been video game fishing with old school 2d sonar for years.

Comment

Looks like another 14+ was caught today on Ivie

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                            Looks like another 14+ was caught today on Ivie
                            Josh Jones strikes again....2 this year and 2 last year. Just insane how good he is!

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                              Over time all the fish will turn into “park fish”. There is a park near my house that I have personally caught 2 bass over 8lbs, and I’ve seen an 11 pulled out. This park pond has every brand, and every type of lure thrown into it all day everyday. The fish will almost never bite artificial now. Every large bass I’ve seen caught have been with what I would call unconventional means. The fish catch on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              If youre talking about the lake in the front of then hood, you should have seen if before it got drained and dug out. It was nothing to go catch 10-15 bass a day in the spring. On any bait you wanted to throw. I have a pic somewhere of me standing on a sandbar that was on the north west corner of it. I have 4 bass over 6lbs that I caught within an hour of each other.

After it got dug and filled in there was a few people that got together and put fish in that lake with their own money. I personally brought fish there from other lakes and turned them loose. We had put standing timber and brush piles all over it. It was a great neighborhood pond.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                If youre talking about the lake in the front of then hood, you should have seen if before it got drained and dug out. It was nothing to go catch 10-15 bass a day in the spring. On any bait you wanted to throw. I have a pic somewhere of me standing on a sandbar that was on the north west corner of it. I have 4 bass over 6lbs that I caught within an hour of each other.

After it got dug and filled in there was a few people that got together and put fish in that lake with their own money. I personally brought fish there from other lakes and turned them loose. We had put standing timber and brush piles all over it. It was a great neighborhood pond.

No I was referring to Burroughs. Never caught anything over 2lbs at the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X