Protein Pellet Ingredients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
    Keep buying cheap for your underfed and undermanaged deer. If you’re satisfied with 150’s, keep on keeping on! Your post history says all. If you half ***, expect half ***!

Sure get the sore *** pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It sounds to me that the only people on here dogging dd are the people who don’t use it.

We have tried them all and I am sure that they are great feeds. I don’t knock Purina l and e or any feeds on the market. However, in our case the deerdidnt eat the other feeds and we ended up dumping it. Waste of money. With dd our deer are actually consuming the feed regardless of range conditions. Therefore the benefits are going to show. We are going into
      our 3rd year of feeding it. Our deer have improved. They probably would have on other feeds as well if they would have eaten it.

Yes many factors go into growing big deer. We have been fortunate since 2012 with good rains and fawn crops. Oil field pipelines have created new habitat as well. This year was pretty incredible and I M seeing some very good bucks now that were not seen during hunting season.

I don’t worship Brett. I don’t fall for the advertising or the promise of 30 to 40 inches although I have seen it happen.

If your feed is working for you keep on it but instead of bashing guys using it you might try to use this forum , as I am trying to , to learn about new ways to grow better deer.

Comment

So i have never met Brett either but my cousin who is a fishing guide in Matagorda grew up with him. I have heard first hand stories about Brett for a long time now, before all of this DD stuff got started. So Brett is also really big into fishing look up Boobytrap he spends north of 500K fishing every year. When everyone said you could not catch a swordfish in the day he learned how to do it. Spent tons of money and time with an old salt in Florida learning how to do it, like 4 months straight in FL until he had it down. If he is interested in something he is going to go balls out money no object until he gets it right. So this feed thing is no exception except that he spends less money on hunting than he does fishing. He started working with the DFG manager who I do know and he is one of the most top notch guys you will ever run across. They fed lots of cottonseed at first and then started to transition into the pellets. Things got better and Brett started doing what he does, he started trying to get the best feed available no budget. They worked with the DFG manager to put something together and after a ton of trail and error DD was made. The feed blew up and the rest is history. Another thing that I know is that they spend north of 200k a year feeding DD at that ranch, that is probably more money in feed than 90% of the people on this board make in a year. So when someone that is a so called big timer protein feeder 5K a year kind of feed bill scoffs at the feed after looking at everything I take it with a grain of salt. Just know that some guy went money no object approach to the feed to find the best, and he spent more in the in the first week of January then you will all year. I tend to trust what the guy that spends 200k when he is not looking at money over quality, than some guy that doesn’t really have a stake in the game that is just loyal to whatever brand because he was told its good. I’m not saying that any other feed is bad, I’m sure that they are all good and if you like your feed man that is great keep feeding those deer. Here is another way to look at it, you have a stock broker that manages millions and is really successful and you have done well with him. Are you going to listen to his advise closer than you are one of your buddies that is a day trader and has 2k in his account? Saying no that’s a terrible idea, this is what I really like to do, listen to me. The answer is pretty obvious, I’m going to take the advise of the stock broker that is successful and has more at stake in the game. Like daytime swordfishing Brett spent the time and money to figure it out, same thing with the feed. I’m just going to take the cheap way out, after Brett spent all the money to figure this out and just buy feed. I can spend a few extra per bag knowing that I’m giving them the best feed in my opinion. I’m totally ok with that, if you wanna bash, where is that coming from? You sound to me more like the day trader guy that’s down on his luck trying to tell everyone else what to do. I’m going to take my advise from a pro

Comment

Originally posted by Closer View Post
          So i have never met Brett either but my cousin who is a fishing guide in Matagorda grew up with him. I have heard first hand stories about Brett for a long time now, before all of this DD stuff got started. So Brett is also really big into fishing look up Boobytrap he spends north of 500K fishing every year. When everyone said you could not catch a swordfish in the day he learned how to do it. Spent tons of money and time with an old salt in Florida learning how to do it, like 4 months straight in FL until he had it down. If he is interested in something he is going to go balls out money no object until he gets it right. So this feed thing is no exception except that he spends less money on hunting than he does fishing. He started working with the DFG manager who I do know and he is one of the most top notch guys you will ever run across. They fed lots of cottonseed at first and then started to transition into the pellets. Things got better and Brett started doing what he does, he started trying to get the best feed available no budget. They worked with the DFG manager to put something together and after a ton of trail and error DD was made. The feed blew up and the rest is history. Another thing that I know is that they spend north of 200k a year feeding DD at that ranch, that is probably more money in feed than 90% of the people on this board make in a year. So when someone that is a so called big timer protein feeder 5K a year kind of feed bill scoffs at the feed after looking at everything I take it with a grain of salt. Just know that some guy went money no object approach to the feed to find the best, and he spent more in the in the first week of January then you will all year. I tend to trust what the guy that spends 200k when he is not looking at money over quality, than some guy that doesn’t really have a stake in the game that is just loyal to whatever brand because he was told its good. I’m not saying that any other feed is bad, I’m sure that they are all good and if you like your feed man that is great keep feeding those deer. Here is another way to look at it, you have a stock broker that manages millions and is really successful and you have done well with him. Are you going to listen to his advise closer than you are one of your buddies that is a day trader and has 2k in his account? Saying no that’s a terrible idea, this is what I really like to do, listen to me. The answer is pretty obvious, I’m going to take the advise of the stock broker that is successful and has more at stake in the game. Like daytime swordfishing Brett spent the time and money to figure it out, same thing with the feed. I’m just going to take the cheap way out, after Brett spent all the money to figure this out and just buy feed. I can spend a few extra per bag knowing that I’m giving them the best feed in my opinion. I’m totally ok with that, if you wanna bash, where is that coming from? You sound to me more like the day trader guy that’s down on his luck trying to tell everyone else what to do. I’m going to take my advise from a pro
          And this is directed at who?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
            Bee County Co-Op sent me these two latest test results from 2018. They said they run test on a regular basis to insure quality and TDN.

Can you get info on Palmers from San Angelo?
            Eco deer 20?

Comment

Originally posted by Truckman View Post
              Can you get info on Palmers from San Angelo?
              Eco deer 20?
              Also Angelo Pellets 17% deer protein, if you don’t mind. Think it’s called 17% dream maker or something.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Closer View Post
                Did anyone question him as a person or say how bad his feed is? No one to my knowledge has.

Most people question his advertising methods, truthfulness, and approach to how he has handled it all.

To each their own, but spending alot of money does not make someone a pro or expert in any certain area.

With that being said the guy has formed a strong following, AND made a top notch feed no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                  Oh lord y'all done got them DD boys fired up! Doesn't take much though just let them think you spoke bad about their idol Bret and his miracle feed and here they come
                  Exactly!

Some people above have the money to feed it, more power to them.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    Did anyone question him as a person or say how bad his feed is? No one to my knowledge has.

Most people question his advertising methods, truthfulness, and approach to how he has handled it all.

To each their own, but spending alot of money does not make someone a pro or expert in any certain area.

With that being said the guy has formed a strong following, AND made a top notch feed no doubt.
                    So, I'll ask for the 3rd time, since you have now said, at least 3 times that something is untrue, and have yet to answer my questions. What is untrue, what advertising methods are a problem and untrue?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      No response should tell you something. Especially from DD as some of their prices dropped slightly to 12-13 a bag
                      On a side note, where have you seen DD for $12-$13 a bag? I live in San Antonio and its $15.50/50lb bag at Strutty's in Boerne and the same at D&D in Seguin.

Comment

I usually pay 12.75 a bag where I get DD. I picked up 3 tons from DF&G Wildlife Supply in Dilley for 11.70 a bag last week on my way to Cotulla. You can find their dealers on the DD website.

Double Down® Deer Feed continues to change the way hunters think about supplemental feeding and nutrition. We provide deer feed, minerals, & attractants formulated from our knowledge & passion we have for growing healthy, giant whitetail deer. We are a Texas based company, proudly made in the USA.

Comment

Bee County Added their 20% pellet to the mix:

And their new 17% results

New running list.

Double Down = 82.5%
                          Bee County Co-Op Deer Pellets 20 = 79.5%
                          Bee County Co-Op Deer Pellets 17 = 78.1%
                          Lyssey & Eckel 20% = 76.7%
                          LoneStar Horns Plus = 75%
                          Exxtreme Racks 20 = 74%
                          MoorMan's Rack Plus Deer/Elk 18-4 = 71.5%
                          Record Rack 20 = 71%
                          AntlerMax 20 = 67%
                          Red Chain 20 = 65%
                          Fehner = 64.7%
                          MG 18% MVP = 64.7%
                          Livengood Mega-Rack = 63%
                          MG 20% ST = 60.9%
                          Red Chain 17 = 60%

Comment

New running list.

Double Down = 82.5%
                            Exxtreme Racks 20 = 74%
                            Record Rack 20 = 71%
                            AntlerMax 20 = 67%
                            Red Chain 20 = 65%
                            Fehner = 64.7%
                            MG 18% MVP = 64.7%
                            MG 20% ST = 60.9%
                            Red Chain 17 = 60%

Could you check with Palmers in San Angelo, Eco deer 20?
                            They have several blends
                            Thank you!

Comment

Protein Pellet Ingredients

Originally posted by Truckman View Post
                              Could you check with Palmers in San Angelo, Eco deer 20?

They have several blends

Thank you!

I will try, but feel free to see if you can get a Feed Analysis report and send it to me or post it and I’ll update list as well.

Comment

New running list.

Double Down = 82.5%
                                Exxtreme Racks 20 = 74%
                                Record Rack 20 = 71%
                                AntlerMax 20 = 67%
                                Red Chain 20 = 65%
                                Fehner = 64.7%
                                MG 18% MVP = 64.7%
                                MG 20% ST = 60.9%
                                Red Chain 17 = 60%

Do you know if they have any dealers outside of their Co-Op in Tynan? I've tried reaching out to them. Would like to try this stuff out but Tynan is a bit of a stretch for me living in San Antonio. Not sure I could justify the bagged cost savings if I had to make that trip, especially with DD and L&E being more accessible to me locally.

Comment

Working...
                                X