any good disfunctional family christmas stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjet View Post
    I have no stories to tell, but am sure my family does.

I did take a guinea hen to a Christmas party once.

Do y'all still keep in touch? [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Davoh View Post
      Unlike you my friend, who are so overflowing with alpha male bravado that you feel the need to belittle someone over the internet with your own archaic machismo, I am not intimidated, and am willing to admit that I have no ability to go toe to toe with someone in better physical condition than myself. The end result of such a CF would be him in serious condition at a hospital. I can't punch for crap, but I can break limbs, which is what that would devolve to. Maybe you're ok with that, but personally, I prefer to use my brain instead of putting the spoiled golden child of two decorated police officers in the hospital. I have more respect for them, than to do that.

My wife took a couple hits and slaps to the head. Humiliating and painful. How does that compare to broken bones, debilitating broken limbs, hospital bills and lost work.

I'm not the one calling someone a coward, and less of a man, because they choose to use their brain to think long-term.
      Just a question, had you not been there, and your BIL put your wife in the hospital, would you feel the same way? Highly unlikely.........Archaic machismo has nothing to do with defending your wife against some guy/brother beating on your wife. There is no doubt if another man even tried to lay his hands on my wife, things would end badly, possibly for both of us.
      Last edited by BBRU; 12-29-2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Unlike you my friend, who are so overflowing with alpha male bravado that you feel the need to belittle someone over the internet with your own archaic machismo, I am not intimidated, and am willing to admit that I have no ability to go toe to toe with someone in better physical condition than myself. The end result of such a CF would be him in serious condition at a hospital. I can't punch for crap, but I can break limbs, which is what that would devolve to. Maybe you're ok with that, but personally, I prefer to use my brain instead of putting the spoiled golden child of two decorated police officers in the hospital. I have more respect for them, than to do that.

My wife took a couple hits and slaps to the head. Humiliating and painful. How does that compare to broken bones, debilitating broken limbs, hospital bills and lost work.

I'm not the one calling someone a coward, and less of a man, because they choose to use their brain to think long-term.
        This thread is too good to get locked down. You guys take it over to PM so that the rest of us can keep enjoying it!

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
          Just a question, had you not been there, and your BIL put your wife in the hospital, would you feel the same way? Archaic machismo has nothing to do with defending your wife against some guy/brother beating on your wife. There is no doubt if another man even tried to lay his hands on my wife, things would end badly, possibly for both of us.
          Thoughtful question gets thoughtful response. Had he put her in the hospital, he would be in jail. Would I feel the same, absolutely not. Doesn't mean I would give in to the anger and vengeful recompense.

Fortunately, I was there, and I was able to pull his attention off of her, avoiding your thought experiment.

Once she was out if harms way, I put the gun away, and invited him to pursue matters further. He declined. It was a taunt to get him off of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
            This thread is too good to get locked down. You guys take it over to PM so that the rest of us can keep enjoying it!
            I've been worried about that too bud. My apologies. Something about being a called a chicken, though. I'll leave the rage-baiters alone from now on, and play nice.

Comment

I guess the 2 decorated officers have no respect for their daughter either then. And I can promise you, they have zero respect for you.

I guess ask your wife the next time this happens and escalates to her having bones broken.

Some people think, some people do, some people do both. I pray that you are never in a really bad situation.

Comment

I would be divorced.
                Last edited by Birddog66; 12-29-2015, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GARR View Post
                  Some people think, some people do, some people do both. I pray that you are never in a really bad situation.
                  I appreciate the prayers. happy new years, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                    I would be divorced.
                    You guys amuse me. Guess I'm lucky to have a woman I my life who values protection more than junk measuring.

Comment

Gone 21 years without being in a fight (besides my older bro) and thought if I have gone this long then I wouldn't get in a fight ever but some of the BIL and uncle stories have me thinking that when I get married the chance is real hahaha

Comment

In regards to Harry so's he's on the level...

"Er'body has ar plan.... till de git nocked tha buck out."

~ Abraham Lincoln

Happy New Years Davoh, Bil will get knocked down a peg one day. Just report back how it was that other guys fault they didn't know he was such a good boy

Comment

Originally posted by SETXoutdoorsman View Post
                          Gone 21 years without being in a fight (besides my older bro) and thought if I have gone this long then I wouldn't get in a fight ever but some of the BIL and uncle stories have me thinking that when I get married the chance is real hahaha
                          Haha... Same for me... Been 15 years since I'd let any altercation go beyond words.

I still say women are the most destructive force possible in a man's life. Make him do things twas never before considered. For better or worse, there's nearly always destruction involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                            In regards to Harry so's he's on the level...

"Er'body has ar plan.... till de git nocked tha buck out."

~ Abraham Lincoln

Happy New Years Davoh, Bil will get knocked down a peg one day. Just report back how it was that other guys fault they didn't know he was such a good boy
                            Wife and I are hoping...

Comment

I appreciate the prayers. happy new years, brother.
                              Happy New Year to you as well.

Comment

You guys amuse me. Guess I'm lucky to have a woman I my life who values protection more than junk measuring.
                                I was being honest, it has nothing to do with junk measuring and you did a horrible job protecting your wife.

On top of that you broke the cardinal sin on pulling a firearm. If your going to pull a gun you better be ready to use it. I don't think you were. If you were "worried" about breaking your BIL arm or leg than how were you possibly going to shot him? Honest question?

Comment

Working...
                                X