X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=garr;10920693]
    Originally posted by davoh View Post
    ^^^^^^^^ wise words spoken there....

Nothing virtuous about it. He's about 6'7", and works for the rail road. That's not a fight i want to be in. Two things will happen. Either he'll whip me, or i'll seriously hurt him. Lose-lose for me. I only wanted the threat ended.

Sorry, can't hold my tongue, but you sir, are one huge freaking coward!!! You spin it however you choose, but you are still a giant, magnificent coward! You allowed a grown man to beat the he$l out of your wife, while you watched issuing verbal warnings??? You ought to be completely ashamed of yourself as a husband number 1, and a man in general number 2!

Truth known, her family might have gained an ounce of respect for you if you had beat him down! Since you acted like a true coward and issued "verbal" warnings, you have no respect from them at all.

You owe your wife a massive apology for not defending her, and also being a complete sissy in her time of need!

You may want to consider counseling for (a) being dumb enough to share this story on a public forum, and (b) having absolutely zero intestinal fortitude, even when your wife is being thrashed by another man. Either way, you are miles upon miles from being a man! He's 6'7 you said? So how tall does a man have to be while beating your wife before you just turn and run and hide????

What a disgrace.
    [ATTACH]764889[/ATTACH]

Comment

Wow great thread! Don't have anything near as dysfunctional to add.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
        You let a man hit your wife in front of you and all you did was point a gun at him? I agree with one of the other guys that you should've beat him down with a 2x4 or something. You should never let something like that go unpunished.
        Originally posted by catslayer View Post
        ... I don't know if I coulda shot him... but I'd have found a tire iron....Pistol whipped him or something... your a bigger man than me, he wouldn't be allowed on property with me or my wife any more... If that means not seeing mom screw it.
        No amount of butt-whippin will do anyone any good. The boy hasn't had his but whipped a day in his life... doing so now only causes bigger problems. Funny how everyone's answer is always to lose their temper and pound someone into the ground. Sure are some tough guys around here hiding behind keyboards.

Originally posted by GARR View Post
        Sorry, can't hold my tongue, but you sir, are one huge freaking coward!!! You spin it however you choose, but you are still a giant, magnificent coward! You allowed a grown man to beat the he$l out of your wife, while you watched issuing verbal warnings??? You ought to be completely ashamed of yourself as a husband number 1, and a man in general number 2!

Truth known, her family might have gained an ounce of respect for you if you had beat him down! Since you acted like a true coward and issued "verbal" warnings, you have no respect from them at all.

You owe your wife a massive apology for not defending her, and also being a complete sissy in her time of need!

You may want to consider counseling for (A) being dumb enough to share this story on a public forum, and (B) having absolutely zero intestinal fortitude, even when your wife is being thrashed by another man. Either way, you are miles upon miles from being a man! He's 6'7 you said? So how tall does a man have to be while beating your wife before you just turn and run and hide????

What a disgrace.
        There are no words to describe the absolute distaste your disrespect leaves in my mouth. I've not read a worse spewage of neanderthal retardedness since I outgrew 4chan at age 12. Grow up and learn about the real world...

You're an awful tough guy sitting behind your keyboard judging others. Keeping a calm head and ending the threat, regardless if you're capable of understanding the concept, is the right thing to do. Some of us don't get off on revenge fantasies like so many of you guys seem to.

The threat was ended, and without either one of us getting seriously injured. If that is beyond your lizard-brain level of comprehension, that's not my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Masmak View Post
          Go see my MIL this week for Xmas. Everyone is sitting around catching up, and my SIL tells us her FIL accidentally shot himself earlier that day. Apparently was showing off his gun cleaning skills to the family. Multiple people and newborn in the room. He got lucky, only 13 stitches needed in his hand. Glad we didn't go there!!

Jose conseco your in-law?

Comment

Originally posted by Davoh View Post
            No amount of butt-whippin will do anyone any good. The boy hasn't had his but whipped a day in his life... doing so now only causes bigger problems. Funny how everyone's answer is always to lose their temper and pound someone into the ground. Sure are some tough guys around here hiding behind keyboards.

There are no words to describe the absolute distaste your disrespect leaves in my mouth. I've not read a worse spewage of neanderthal retardedness since I outgrew 4chan at age 12. Grow up and learn about the real world...

You're an awful tough guy sitting behind your keyboard judging others. Keeping a calm head and ending the threat, regardless if you're capable of understanding the concept, is the right thing to do. Some of us don't get off on revenge fantasies like so many of you guys seem to.

The threat was ended, and without either one of us getting seriously injured. If that is beyond your lizard-brain level of comprehension, that's not my problem.
            I don't want to derail this thread so I will just say that we are going to disagree on who is hiding behind what.

Comment

Ain't that edit button a wonderful thing. Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year!

Comment

Here we go

Comment

[quote=GARR;10920693]
                  ^^^^^^^^ Wise words spoken there....

Nothing virtuous about it. He's about 6'7", and works for the rail road. That's not a fight I want to be in. Two things will happen. Either he'll whip me, or I'll seriously hurt him. lose-lose for me. I only wanted the threat ended.

You may want to consider counseling for (A) being dumb enough to share this story on a public forum, and (B) having absolutely zero intestinal fortitude, even when your wife is being thrashed by another man. Either way, you are miles upon miles from being a man! He's 6'7 you said? So how tall does a man have to be while beating your wife before you just turn and run and hide????

What a disgrace.

Good post.

Comment

Ain't that edit button a wonderful thing. Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year!
                    I'm not judging you by any means because I understand that when faced with situations directly, talking is worthless. Saying what you would do, and doing what you said are 2 completely different things.

That being said, if I were you, I would have a different plan than what you did if ever faced with a similar situation.

If you'd like to discuss via PM, Im available.

Comment

I've got a little bit of a crazy Family on my Dad's side :

Uncle jumped on my Dad once because he couldn't take a ribbing. That didn't end well for my then Uncle (since divorced).

Another Uncle brought his Finace' in the house, and announced that his Mom (my Gma) and Step Dad (technically Gpa, but not really) had told him that he could come to Christmas Eve, but she wasn't invited. The rest of the Family (2 sisters and my Dad) were not aware of this and all gathered everything and walked out.

We dont really speak to the Gma or do any Family events. All the Aunts and Uncles and Cousins are extremely close, but the Gma has chosen to exclude themselves since that event.

Comment

PLEASE tell me that this thread will continue into "&$%# that happened to me on New Years Eve"!!! My wife is recovering in the hospital and the nurses can't figure out how I can laugh and cry at the same time. I just thought I had a crazy family!!! Keep them coming.

Comment

What were you hiding behind while issuing verbal warnings? You are the last person who should say someone else is hiding behind anything. Lose their temper you say? A MAN WAS BEATING YOUR WIFE IN FRONT OF YOU!! Temper be danged, I don't know a soul who would watch this take place.

I know all about the real world hoss, maybe you need to learn about it? I'm a neanderthal for stating I would not stand by and watch a man beat my wife, ummm okay???

Keeping a calm head while watching your wife get throttled is also known as being scared. You ended the threat, but after what damage was done to her? And since there were no consequences for the actor, it will most likely happen again sometime. When it does, remember to stay calm and use your words.

So, the threat was ended with only your WIFE taking a beating from a man, and you feel this is a success? You, nor her brother was seriously injured, but she was, mission accomplished?? Read what you type. And you say I have a lizard brain, yeah okay pal, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                            Do ur inn r ear deals effect ur typin?

Oh. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GARR View Post
                              So, the threat was ended with only your WIFE taking a beating from a man, and you feel this is a success? You, nor her brother was seriously injured, but she was, mission accomplished?? Read what you type. And you say I have a lizard brain, yeah okay pal, lol.

Unlike you my friend, who are so overflowing with alpha male bravado that you feel the need to belittle someone over the internet with your own archaic machismo, I am not intimidated, and am willing to admit that I have no ability to go toe to toe with someone in better physical condition than myself. The end result of such a CF would be him in serious condition at a hospital. I can't punch for crap, but I can break limbs, which is what that would devolve to. Maybe you're ok with that, but personally, I prefer to use my brain instead of putting the spoiled golden child of two decorated police officers in the hospital. I have more respect for them, than to do that.

My wife took a couple hits and slaps to the head. Humiliating and painful. How does that compare to broken bones, debilitating broken limbs, hospital bills and lost work.

I'm not the one calling someone a coward, and less of a man, because they choose to use their brain to think long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                I'm not judging you by any means because I understand that when faced with situations directly, talking is worthless. Saying what you would do, and doing what you said are 2 completely different things.

That being said, if I were you, I would have a different plan than what you did if ever faced with a similar situation.

If you'd like to discuss via PM, Im available.
                                A thoughtful and respectful criticism, which I welcome. Will pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X