East TX Truck Gun...Pigs / Yotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
    This is basically what I have for an SBR. It's killed a bunch of pigs. I Have a thermal on it now, and I am gonna be putting some to rest as soon as I get back home.

I’ll have my Sightmark Photon on it until I can I upgrade to a thermal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I needed the same thing. Went with a 12” Grendel pistol.
      Was using a ruger ranch in 300blk. I wouldn’t over look one of the ruger ranches in 300blk, 7.62x39 or 6.5G either

Comment

ruger american 308 suppressed

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tud2pA6Hr8I"]Ruger American 308 Suppressed - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

turn some of that 308 brass into a 358 with the action you have and enjoy the heck out of it!

Comment

Well I must have got rid of all my 308 stuff somewhere down the line. Found some but not enough to make me choose a rifle. After reading on the 6.5 Grendel Im pretty impressed with it. Ive got two ARs that a lower could be donated from. Also have a 6.5 specific suppressor thats like 7" long that is not being used so this is making more sense. My other suppressors are 30 cal and one stays on the other AR in 223.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                turn some of that 308 brass into a 358 with the action you have and enjoy the heck out of it!
                That would be exciting to shoot through a 30 cal suppressor....

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                  That would be exciting to shoot through a 30 cal suppressor....
                  once anyway,,,,

but since he also mentioned using an existing action and building a rifle and wanting a hog/ truck, knock around gun he is probably smart enough to know a 30 cal suppressor would not work on a 35 cal round
                  Last edited by xman59; 09-17-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Not sure if you can get a threaded ruger mini 30, but that sounds like a blast to me.
                    You also can't go wrong with an off the shelf rem700 adl or ruger american in 30-06.
                    You could also go the certified BAMF method and get a lever 30-30.
                    Last edited by LOC4L; 09-18-2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LOC4L View Post
                      Not sure if you can get a threaded ruger mini 30, but that sounds like a blast to me.
                      You also can't go wrong with an off the shelf rem700 adl or ruger american in 30-06.
                      You could also go the certified BAMF method and get a lever 30-30.
                      30-06 is WAY more than I want to deal with. I have a Marlin 30-30 but no way I would thread the end of it for a suppressor.

I think Im gona go 6.5 Grendel route. Then I saw the Tikka TAC A1 308 w/16" bbl. That rifle has always called to me....not necessarily the caliber but I have powder and primers to reload 308 or Grendel. Have dies for 308 as well. NOT at all saying I want to mess with reloading anything though.

Looked at the Palmetto State Armory 12.5" Grendel upper for $450. That is a pretty good deal and seems to get good reviews. Thats way cheaper than the Tikka shorty.

Comment

Originally posted by glen1978 View Post
                        30-06 is WAY more than I want to deal with. I have a Marlin 30-30 but no way I would thread the end of it for a suppressor.

I think Im gona go 6.5 Grendel route. Then I saw the Tikka TAC A1 308 w/16" bbl. That rifle has always called to me....not necessarily the caliber but I have powder and primers to reload 308 or Grendel. Have dies for 308 as well. NOT at all saying I want to mess with reloading anything though.

Looked at the Palmetto State Armory 12.5" Grendel upper for $450. That is a pretty good deal and seems to get good reviews. Thats way cheaper than the Tikka shorty.
                        That is a good deal, PSA makes nice stuff, made a budget .300blk pistol through them, it's a joy to shoot.

Comment

Then there are the dang NV/Thermal needs.....could read about stuff for days on that.

Comment

If it were me, I would build a 16" or 18" barreled AR10 in 45 Raptor. Make for a fun hog/deer gun. You could make some large holes in coyotes, if that's what you wanted to do. Something with a collapsable stock, quick detachable mounts on the optics, so you can switch from a low powered scope for day time use or some infrared or thermal scope for night time. And or put a bright Stream Lite on the gun, those work pretty dang good and much cheaper than night scopes. But if you have the money for the expensive optics, I would probably buy some.

Comment

What about a .224 Valkyrie? A few of my buddies shoot that cartridge. Flat shooting and heavy hitting enough to drop hogs.

Comment

I just scored a Ruger American 350 legend at an outdoor show. It has a short little barrel, ****** looking gun. It will be my new Jeep gun for pigs.

Comment

Working...
                                X