East TX Truck Gun...Pigs / Yotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East TX Truck Gun...Pigs / Yotes?

Looking to start building up an East Texas truck gun for general asshattery with pigs and coyotes. Throw out some suggestions. Here are my requirements.

1) must be short as I will be keeping a 30 cal suppressor on it...not necessarily wanting subsonic
    2.) must be capable of 100-200 yards (really about all you need around there)

I have 243 and 308 reloading supplies already so that would be nice. I also have a Remington 700 sps 243 youth rifle I bought years ago that could be robbed of its action. Im not against building an AR10. What you guys think?

check into the pork sword chassis by black collar arms if you want to use a bolt action out of a 700. I have one in 308 with a 12 inch barrel and SB tactical F1913 folder on it.

Comment

Originally posted by republicbutcher View Post
      check into the pork sword chassis by black collar arms if you want to use a bolt action out of a 700. I have one in 308 with a 12 inch barrel and SB tactical F1913 folder on it.
      Looks perfect. Whats the legalities of it? Hows the 12" bbl do?

Comment

Why not get a Grendel pistol? I have one with a 12.5" barrel that I run a SpecWar 7.62 on and it is very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
          Why not get a Grendel pistol? I have one with a 12.5" barrel that I run a SpecWar 7.62 on and it is very accurate.
          I dont know a thing about them for one. Ive already got a 700 action. I have NOTHING for a 6.5 Grendel. Id have to see but Im sure I have quite a bit of 308 brass.

Comment

Originally posted by republicbutcher View Post
            Whats the chassis quality? What kinda accuracy you getting out of it?

Comment

Ruger makes a Ranch rifle in 6.5 Grendel with a short 16" barrel for cheap enough.

Comment

My CMMG Banshee 7.62x39 AR pistol in the classified

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Originally posted by glen1978 View Post
                  I dont know a thing about them for one. Ive already got a 700 action. I have NOTHING for a 6.5 Grendel. Id have to see but Im sure I have quite a bit of 308 brass.
                  Fair enough. If you have the brass and the reloading components for the 308 I would stick with a short 308. Maybe a Ruger Ranch if they make them in that caliber. If not you could always get one cut down.

Comment

I'd go with a short 308

Comment

I've got a 16.25' Mossberg MVP Patrol .308 that I really like. It is bolt action and a pretty handy little set up. The gun if very solid and accurate for your distance requirements.

Comment

The short 308 does seem like the way to go. The ranch rifle some have suggested is the first to come to my mind as well

Comment

Originally posted by glen1978 View Post
                          Looks perfect. Whats the legalities of it? Hows the 12" bbl do?
                          As of now, its totally legal. Believe it or not, its very accurate out to at least 200 yards. That is as far as I've taken it out to because I have a pistol scope on it and the eye relief is wrong to shoulder it. I need a can for it.

Comment

I’m currently building a Grendel AR Pistol. 12” barrel and suppressed. Roughly 7lbs with optic. I love the round, and it hits like a truck for a 123gr bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                              I’m currently building a Grendel AR Pistol. 12” barrel and suppressed. Roughly 7lbs with optic. I love the round, and it hits like a truck for a 123gr bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              This is basically what I have for an SBR. It's killed a bunch of pigs. I Have a thermal on it now, and I am gonna be putting some to rest as soon as I get back home.

Comment

Working...
                              X