Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the closest you have come to death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a kid I got run over by Dad. He came home from work and he did not see me duck behind the car. I was going to try and scare him. He wasn't finished parking and he backed up over me from my feet all the way to my shoulders. Second. My brother shot me with an arrow when we were playing cowboys and Indians. He won. I went to hospital, he shot me in the head. I can laugh now but I know God was watching over me.

Comment

I had another near death experience last night- Asked my wife if she needed bigger stretchy pants- I guess she didn’t get the joke

Comment

^^^^^ You are one heck of a brave man. Not sure how you sleep so well with one eye open now.

Comment

November 21, 1978. I'm a senior in HS working and after school job on a farm along the Colorado river in Ballinger TX. I was unloading silage into a silo when my right pant leg got caught in the PTO shaft of the tractor I was using. wrapped me up like a string around a stick, all the way to my groin, and stalled the little tractor I was using. Couple hours later, the woman I was working for found me and called the ambulance. Ambulance got lost trying to find me (we were way out in the sticks). Long story short, finally made it to hospital in San Angelo where they amputated my right leg above the knee. 19 units of blood and 28 days later, I was discharged from the hospital in a wheelchair. I got to celebrate my 40 year anniversary last November and still don't know why God didn't take me home when he had such a good opportunity.

Comment

After the 1st Iraq war .. Got deployed to Somolia as part of a special unit ... Got shot at and someone used a David & some kid got me in the head with a rock from a David & Golieth sling shot ..

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
              After the 1st Iraq war .. Got deployed to Somolia as part of a special unit ... Got shot at and someone used a David & some kid got me in the head with a rock from a David & Golieth sling shot ..
              Wow. I'm glad you made it home. Thank you for volunteering to serve and to step up where not enough people do.

I was going to post something but after reading this, I'll put my story back in my pocket and say another prayer for you and your brethren.

Comment

toss up which one...

in college I roomed with a guy that ended up on death row in Tn for two counts of murder. Always knew he was a little off...

second ex-wife tried to kill me TWICE, second time sent me running. BIG fillet knives in the hands of an crazy woman scare the heck out of me.

Comment

I was dating a twin in high school and asked her if it would be ok if I asked her sister to join us. I learned that she didn't have a developed sense of humor.

Comment

reading all these post brings me to one conclusion - everyone get on your knees and thank God above for sparing you to live another day - each and every day we wake up and take in a breath of air is a blessing

Comment

OK thanks Tractor PTOs, HiLift jacks. Many people don't realize there are 10,000 ways to end up in the ER or morgue with those things. Go slow, relax, think.
                      Last edited by Ruark; 02-04-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Haven't had disasters like in some of these stories. Had some hairy close calls, though.

Once my cousin was getting some archery practice. I stepped out a door - he didn't know I was there - and the vanes on the arrow brushed across the bridge of my nose.

My motorcycle went down on a low water crossing on CR 12 near Pedernales Falls. I woke up flat on my back in the middle of the road next to a tight curve. I'm a card carrying member of the "I'm alive today because I wore a helmet" club. Sold the bike.

Was alone, about 20 miles offshore off Port A in my 18 ft. Robalo, drifting for kings. Looked up and a freighter the size of Kansas was coming straight towards me, about 200 yards off. In my panic, the motor wouldn't start. I gave it full throttle, turned the key and VROOOOOM it roared to life and that freighter missed me by less than 100 yards.

Another motorcycle story. Pulled into an intersection, peaceful 30 mph residential area. Some kid doing about 60 ran the stop sign crossing my street. Didn't even slow down. I swear he passed within an inch of my front tire.

More stories later, I'm sure.

There really must be guardian angels, ya think?
                        Last edited by Ruark; 02-04-2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Had a guy stick a pistol in my chest on the golf course because he thought that my brother-in-law stole his golf ball that went in the creek we were near. A fight pursed and while on the ground and gaining control of the gun, he pulled the trigger firing the gun just under my chin. Luckily the empty cartridge stayed lodged in the gun so it wouldn't fire again. Got control of the gun a few seconds later and choked him out until he wet his pants. Had it not been for my buddy who was with us, and got me to let him go, I had full intentions of him never seeing the light of day again. Come to find out, not only did he have a gun in his golf bag, but he also had a bunch of meth. Needless to say, he wasn't in his right mind. This was 19 years ago in Mesquite, TX. Haven't returned to that golf course since that day.

Comment

I was recently running in the mountains near fort collins colorado. It was a nice peaceful day and I was enjoying my run when out of the corner of my eye I noticed a flash of beige. A mountain lion had attacked me from the side. Luckily, I was able to fight him off and kill with my bare hands!

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                              I was recently running in the mountains near fort collins colorado. It was a nice peaceful day and I was enjoying my run when out of the corner of my eye I noticed a flash of beige. A mountain lion had attacked me from the side. Luckily, I was able to fight him off and kill with my bare hands!
                              Greatness!

Comment

I had a jack stand fail about 10 seconds after I got out from under my truck, I was by myself and I would’ve been crushed to death. Looking back on it, was stupid of me to only use one jack stand. Now I use 2-3 jack stands, plus the jack whenever I get under a vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X