No announcement yet.

Sleeping In Vs. HUNTING/FISHING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im very guilty about sleeping in while at the camp. Not guilty, like others, I do it by choice. I enjoy sleeping later than normal at the lease. I enjoyed the night before sitting around the fire until 3-4. Ill enjoy the morning just the same when I do get out of bed, stoke the fire and pop a cold beer or bloody mary. Its my off time. Ill enjoy it anyway I want.

Comment

Honestly i dont mind getting up even for work. Its very rare i skip something for sleep. I like to watch the world come alive in the morning. 3:30am is my usually wake up time when im working daylights

Comment

I love morning hunts, statistically they have been my better hunts when I kill my bigger bucks. But it can be hard for me to get up. If there is an excuse not to go as sleep in, I’ll find it (too hot, full moon, rain, etc etc). But morning hunts are my favorite

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          I did see a one sentence reply from him yesterday. Might have been a first.
          Had to be some Russians that hacked his account.

Comment

I used to poke fun at the guys in camp who would sleep in on some mornings. Now I find myself doing it once a season or so. Typically the decision is either driven by the weather or the previous nights' beverage intake.

One time my little brother came into my room on Christmas morning and asked if I was going hunting with him. It was a small piece of family land not far from the house. I had hunted several mornings in a row with no luck, so I said no, you go. He sat in the stand I had just hunted all week and arrowed a 151" 10pt, the biggest deer ever killed on the place.

Comment

The older I get the harder time I have getting up to hunt in uncomfortable weather when chances aren't decent. Like early dove season when it's still 900 degrees and nobody has been seeing any dove in the area. Or, now that my kids are old enough to hunt on their own I will occasionally see them off to the stand and when it's bone chilling cold and go back inside for coffee. I can usually count on them to fill the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                A couple of questions first:

1) Will there be an afternoon hunt as well?

2) Exactly how cold will it be outside?

3) iUs the person who sleeps in required to make breakfast for everybody who went out that morning?

4) if the answer to #3 is yes, will there be room in the blind to go back to sleep?

Afternoon hunts are easier. Always room to nap till the feeder spins

if you sleep in, breakfast should be cooked. I for one will sit in the stand and wait you out for it.

if you fall asleep in the blind with me, be prepared to find our selfie on social media. Your mouth will probably be open

Comment

When my kids were too little to go hunting it was hard to wake up early.
                  Babies and little kids can exhaust a parent.
                  Now that they are getting to a hunting age, I feel guilty if I sleep in and dont take them with me.

Its always more enjoyable to hunt with others (kids, friends, family, etc). Other people hold you accountable and help / make you get out of bed.

Comment

Ask my Son about oversleeping when it comes to Fishing. I think I broke him of that habit by public shaming.

As far as RBP goes, he has truly applied the "quality and not quantity" attitude to his posts. I wish I had more time time to read the novels he writes.

Comment

I haven't hunted a morning in probably 10 years except for waterfowl because it's not optional. We grill food and have a big campfire until wee hours of the night and sleep in.

Comment

I am a morning person and like getting up early. I can take a nap after the hunt if I want some more sleep.

Comment

I do what I want to do, because there aint nobody payin me to kill deer. If my son wants to go, we go.

Comment

I don’t sleep in, I just choose to take my nap in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              I haven't hunted a morning in probably 10 years except for waterfowl because it's not optional. We grill food and have a big campfire until wee hours of the night and sleep in.
                              *also except Elk, I take that a lot more seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                                Absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                                X