Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it safe to travel into Mexico + White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it safe to travel into Mexico + White?

My wife purchased tickets for her and our kids to go into Mexico City for a family wedding in Feb. I told her hold off on mine until I figured out its safe for a white person to travel to the non-touristy interior of Mexico. My initial gut is this is not going to be safe, especially following some midterm shakeups. Do any of you have any CURRENT experience traveling through the interior of Mexico? Is it safe?

Hell to the no, I wouldn't let mine go.

Comment

If I went I would definitely limit my exposure to street daytime only, night only with a local .
      Last time I was in MXC I saw a stabbing in the street, and when I went to cueranavaca they had a kidnapped guys ear found laying on a table of a restaurant we were eat at
      If that kinda stuff makes you uncomfortable??
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-28-2022, 09:14 AM.

Comment

My wife is from Mexico and she will not travel to the interior areas right now.

Comment

We have a wedding down there next week as well. There is always the “gringos are safer” mindset. Don’t misbehave and try to score stuff you will be fine. My girlfriend is from there and 50 percent of family still there so its apples and oranges. Im not going to a wedding during cotton season. She either drives or flies everywhere. You should probably go

Comment

Mexico City residents aren't happy with Americans that have moved to their city and want them to go home, according to the LA Times.

Read this article and enlighten yourself on if you should go or not

Comment

I assume some of the family lives there? If so then then they will know the routine. If not then it’s a stupid place to plan a wedding in current times…Travel during the day and in a group, no fancy jewelry or clothing and get to where you are going and stay there. I would probably just decline and spend a little more on a nice gift.

Comment

I don’t understand why all the young kids want to get married in Mexico. It annoys me but nobody cares what Im thinking. Mexico is for hunting, farming, or retirement just my personal feelings about it. If it takes you too far from your comfort zone then Why do it?

Comment

I wouldn't step foot in that 3rd world dump.

Comment

You going to let the wife and kids go but think its unsafe to go yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                      I don’t understand why all the young kids want to get married in Mexico. It annoys me but nobody cares what Im thinking. Mexico is for hunting, farming, or retirement just my personal feelings about it. If it takes you too far from your comfort zone then Why do it?
                      Cheap as hell.

Comment

I hear some are buying their wives ticket if they will go.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                          I want to spend 2-3 months down there on the beach.

Comment

So your going to have your wife and kids walk out in the street first to make sure its safe enough for you to cross?

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                              So your going to have your wife and kids walk out in the street first to make sure its safe enough for you to cross?

If that’s the case he might need to change his screen name lol but I’m sure he’s just thinking he doesn’t want to waste the money on another ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X