Atta boy to all you power plant guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atta boy to all you power plant guys

you know I just want to thanks to all who work hard to keep those generators spinning. All the politics aside of how we find ourselves here in Texas with apparent insufficient generating capacity in these tough times, it is still a real deal when the lights go out. Most of yall are battling daily with the heat, oil leaks, insufficient cooling on machinery bearings or what ever it is,....thank you and keep it up.
    I thank God every day for our air conditioners.

I’ll drink to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here! Here!

Comment

Dang, just leave us chemical plant guys out with the wolves. The spray foam insulation we make sure does keep yalls houses cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
          Dang, just leave us chemical plant guys out with the wolves. The spray foam insulation we make sure does keep yalls houses cooler.
          Always got to be a diva

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
            Always got to be a diva
            LOL Diva is my middle name. Its okay though i work the board most days some im inside in the cool AC that them power guys provide, and i sure do appreciate them keeping the lights on at the plant. When the power goes out its a bad day.

Comment

Totally agree OP

Thanks for the hard work

Comment

And, we make the high $$$ gas and diesel that gets y'alls sorry butts to work.

Comment

I’m back on shift today. Not looking forward for the next 7 days.
                  We do have a tube leak on unit 2. Been leaking for a while, but it’s on the outside of the boiler so they are gonna run it as long as they can!!!

Comment

Yep, the “supply chain” is exactly that……a chain. If any link breaks the whole chain goes to hell. So if you are making kilowatts or delivering groceries, you’re important to our existence. So thanks to everyone that got up and went to work this morning !

Comment

My big question is ????????????????
                      What is stopping the Private sector from building extra power plants on private land with private funds to sell necessary power? preferably run on Natural Gas.
                      I'm sure there are regulations out the wahooooo but, nothing is being done to increase supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                        My big question is ????????????????
                        What is stopping the Private sector from building extra power plants on private land with private funds to sell necessary power? preferably run on Natural Gas.
                        I'm sure there are regulations out the wahooooo but, nothing is being done to increase supply.
                        Too much of an investment for the uncertainty of forced gov changes and regulations. Risky to invest millions into something that may just be shutdown or regulates out of exsistence withing a short fee years because of mean tweets or some other enviro/social issue. Reward isnt there.

Comment

Well, we had a tube failure yesterday.
                          Should be back on line with our 440mw by Friday.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	401667AB-8DA5-4AA5-B950-D5294338DD04.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	24687437

Hope y’all enjoying the AC!!!!
                            Pretty sure we are running full load and probably then some!!!

Comment

I’m enjoying some days off but I go back in Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X