• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    You don’t have image privilege……but for a few million you can
    This is the difference between a $19 camera…lol

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
      Wait you really believe the earth is a globe? Have you seen it with your own eyes?

Holy crap are you really a flat earther? I didn't think we had any of those on TBH.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Sure would like to see some of the life on those other planets one day.
        She may not be as pretty as you think. Might even identify as something else.

Comment

Wait you really believe the earth is a globe? Have you seen it with your own eyes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, this is for real?

I really want to hear more of this flat earth theory!!!

Comment

Everyone owes it to themselves to binge some flat earth videos on YouTube. You can spend days on the subject. Just be sure to watch a 5 minute video debunking the whole thing when you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Wait, this is for real?

I really want to hear more of this flat earth theory!!!

I think it's awesome how the ships fall off the side of the earth in one ocean, ride upside down on a moving sidewalk/tram like at the airport, and pop back up on the other side in a new ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                Everyone owes it to themselves to binge some flat earth videos on YouTube. You can spend days on the subject. Just be sure to watch a 5 minute video debunking the whole thing when you're done.
                Been there done that. Seems like it consist mainly of people suffering with physical or mental issues looking for support in others that are suffering similarly, using the whole flat earth thing as kind of a way to unite. When you watch their videos they will often bring up or address a topic completly unrelated to the flat earth that they are having to deal with. Just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  You don’t have image privilege……but for a few million you can
                  Price tag on the James Webb picture thingy is $10 billion....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                    1. The speed of light is constant and there are methods to determine relative brightness of an object. As an example, if you had a 40W bulb at 10 ft and 10000 ft, you could sense the measured brightness at 10 ft vs 10000ft and make a fairly accurate estimate.

2. I have, and its as exciting as it is scary!
                    What you see in that photo is gravitational lensing / distortion. Its basically the observed power of gravity to bend light. Its pretty crazy.
                    Just curious how that (the constant speed of light) fits in with the fabric of space and time which is not uniform/can be distorted. For example, a second on earth isn't the same as a second in the vacuum of space or near the extreme gravity of a blackhole. What does that mean for light traveling through these varying environments?

Would it still travel at the same velocity, and that velocity is relative to where the light is traveling at that moment in space and time as well as our perception of it?

Comment

Have you seen flat earth with your own eyes? Plenty of places on earth a person can see the curvature of earth. Or from an airplane.

Comment

No I can't. I work at NASA with one of those guys. He'd argue with a hole in the wall. I think they just like to be controversial on any and every subject. He even believes in Bigfoot and goes on these hunted house hunts. Just a excuse to rub elbows with other weirdos.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                          Price tag on the James Webb picture thingy is $10 billion....
                          I just figured for a few million you could get large file of wonderful photos

Comment

Originally posted by HankTheTank View Post
                            Just curious how that (the constant speed of light) fits in with the fabric of space and time which is not uniform/can be distorted. For example, a second on earth isn't the same as a second in the vacuum of space or near the extreme gravity of a blackhole. What does that mean for light traveling through these varying environments?

Would it still travel at the same velocity, and that velocity is relative to where the light is traveling at that moment in space and time as well as our perception of it?
                            This will send me down a rabbit hole of Googling tonight because those are awesome questions LOL

Comment

1. The speed of light is constant and there are methods to determine relative brightness of an object. As an example, if you had a 40W bulb at 10 ft and 10000 ft, you could sense the measured brightness at 10 ft vs 10000ft and make a fairly accurate estimate.

2. I have, and its as exciting as it is scary!
                              I appreciate you taking the time to explain it and I kinda sorta get the light bulb thing, but I’m still fuzzy on how they can send something into space and take a picture of something as it appeared it the past. If I take the light bulb you mentioned and dropped it on the floor and it broke how can someone in the future send a camera back and get a picture of it before I dropped it?

Again I know I’m not thinking about this as I should but like I said I’m just a simple man.

Comment

I work with a fella who 100% believes the earth is flat and he will get fighting mad when we tease him about it, OH and we do..
                                BUT he also voted for Pedo Joe so there you have it..
                                This dude is in his thirties and graduated from Prairie View A&M with a teaching degree.. LMAO

Comment

Working...
                                X