No announcement yet.

Hunting trip of lifetime question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been fortunate enough to bow hunt a lot of places, nothing like hunting the continent of Africa

Comment

Hunt of a lifetime king eiders. Bering sea of Northern Alaska or a Moose hunt in Maine during the fall

Comment

African Safari. Chamois and Tahr in the super high-high country would be great if I could handle it.

Comment

Old Mexico bow hunt

Comment

Dall sheep, caribou and mountain grizzly would be my dream hunt.

Comment

Mountain Lion with my Bow...

Comment

Elk is top of my list too. I want to do a back country elk hunt.

Comment

Dream hunt? Moose and Caribou on the north slope, well above the Arctic Circle.

I might make a suggestion on your expectations. Your criteria is $8500 or less, elk of a lifetime, and 100% success rate. Imagine each one of those criteria is the leg of a three legged stool. Right now, two of the stool legs are about 3' long, and the other is about 2' long. Expectations might need to be adjusted, or the $ might need to be adjusted.

Good luck in 2023 and let us know what you come up with!

Comment

Did my hunt of a lifetime in 2019, my bighorn sheep hunt- it was DIY though.
                    For a big bull elk guaranteed shot it won't be in Wyoming.
                    For a guarantee it may have to be a high fence elk and that's a pass for me, only because I live in elk country.
                    You might find a RFW place in Colorado that has both deer and elk to hunt at same time.

Comment

A trip to sacred ground where my roots run deep, chasing roe buck and stag in Scotland with my son. Dad and I never got the chance. There's a plan for this to happen in April of the year he turns 16 if all comes to fruition.

Comment

Lord Derby Eland ! My trip of a lifetime.

Landrover, not sure you can touch a trophy bull on a Rez these days for less than $12-$14,000+ and that's if you can even get in line to do so. I know the Mesacerlo is $14k plus guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt4Jesus View Post
                          If you had to choose your hunting trip of lifetime what would it be? In 2023 I am looking at doing an elk hunt? I am trying to figure out where to go for the best rifle bugling hunt. Outfitted and 100% shot opportunity is a must. Price is depending on hunt but trying to keep around 8500.00 or less. I want the best experience and hunt as it will be my elk hunt of lifetime. Honestly would not mind a combo hunt with elk/deer/bear but some states are different.
                          With all of your criteria, you're looking at a canned hunt. Is that your expectation?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt4Jesus View Post
                            If you had to choose your hunting trip of lifetime what would it be? In 2023 I am looking at doing an elk hunt? I am trying to figure out where to go for the best rifle bugling hunt. Outfitted and 100% shot opportunity is a must. Price is depending on hunt but trying to keep around 8500.00 or less. I want the best experience and hunt as it will be my elk hunt of lifetime. Honestly would not mind a combo hunt with elk/deer/bear but some states are different.
                            Thats a tall order to fill for that $

Comment

Unless its high fence nobody offers a 100% shot opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                                Lord Derby Eland ! My trip of a lifetime.

Landrover, not sure you can touch a trophy bull on a Rez these days for less than $12-$14,000+ and that's if you can even get in line to do so. I know the Mesacerlo is $14k plus guide.
                                Yep.........Chama & Mescalero are $15K and up but I had never looked to see if they have other "types" of bowhunts that are not trophy level. Either way I will do a reservation in the next 3 years just because i am booked for that long. Also, thanks for the reminder to get in line now!!!
                                Lord Derby & Bongo would definitely be INCREDIBLE adventures. I have all the information in my bowhunting files......lol.......

Comment

Working...
                                X