Barndo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
    That's great that you have already identified the problem and have a solution. And you are correct, I'm sure that would scare off many other potential buyers.

Happy for you and the family. I know that I personally would want the same situation... Lower price & More time to operate heavy machinery... WIN WIN! :-)
    You got that right. Already bought a new brush hog and will be looking at a new tractor when I sell the house. We would REALLY like to buy a skid steer with a shredder and few other attachments but haven't been able to talk ourselves into spending that much yet.

Comment

We knew that we had deer and pigs on the property from sign we found when we walked it out and during the clearing process so we through a feeder up in the back were treated to a pleasant surprise when we pulled the card after the first week.
      Attached Files

Comment

Keep up the hard work and it will pay off for you and the whole family in the end. We have been working out land for almost three years now and it a never ending journey that I wouldn't given anything for.

Comment

Yep, I like the way yall think!!!
          Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
          Polywire grid reinforced driveway cloth, you can use geotextile fabric also. It will keep you from having to use so many layers of rock and prevent potholes in the future.
          Ahhhhhh...........great info for my upcoming project(s)!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
            Polywire grid reinforced driveway cloth, you can use geotextile fabric also. It will keep you from having to use so many layers of rock and prevent potholes in the future.
            Do you have a link. I found the Geotextile but not anything that looks like yours.

Comment

I got mine through my neighbor. His friend owns the company that makes it. I will see if I can get the info on it. I can tell you that geotextile is a little cheaper but still works extremely well. We have used geotextile on 5-6 driveways and parking spots for RV parks and it has not ever failed

Comment

Awesome project. Following along

Comment

Well folks we have concrete……..trees to drop! Rolled up Thursday afternoon to meet the delivery guy to unload mats for the concrete trucks only to find the top of a big oak laying in the driveway. Thankfully had one of the stihl’s in the back of the excursion and clipped enough to get him in to drop the mats. After I unloaded and set the mats I noticed that the leaves on a different and only other big oak on the front of the property had turned brown. Upon further observation I found that it was infested with good ol termites so now I have to drop my two big oaks. But after all was said and done we were able to pour concrete on Friday and move one step closer. Started the pour at 5:30am and around 10:45 we had an unforecasted rain storm roll in on us, thankfully it’s just a small shower and the slab finish turned out great.

Comment

Well…..it won’t let me upload pics so I’ll try again later

Comment

Finally got pictures to upload.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Following.

Comment

Very nice. Following

Comment

Great progress already! Gonna be a lot of fun and memories made with the kids.

Comment

Posts should speed up now. Material was delivered Tuesday afternoon and rain put a stop to any action yesterday but will sort/stage material today and start erecting it tomorrow. Stay tuned!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice. Following

Comment

Working...
                                X