No announcement yet.

Prayers For HPD!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a bad policy to allow one officer to be able to go to a judge and obtain a no knock raid warrant on a citizen’s house. The people in charge of that policy are also responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
      It is a bad policy to allow one officer to be able to go to a judge and obtain a no knock raid warrant on a citizen’s house. The people in charge of that policy are also responsible.
      Yea you would think it would be a little more red tape and a whole bunch of signatures involved in obtaining something such as that..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Yea you would think it would be a little more red tape and a whole bunch of signatures involved in obtaining something such as that..
        Kind of like FISA court?

Comment

Yea that Gerald Goines is a bad actor.... Bad cop.. This is a very bad deal... Lies were told and innocent folks died..
          It almost appears that somebody wanted these folks dead.. A hit. What else could explain it??
          I wouldn't go that far. IMO it was a screw up... The BAD part is IMO the department up to the top tried to cover it up from the beginning. Just MO

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
          I just saw some info on this. Crazy stuff. The original thread had some interesting rebuttals from some folks on here. Interested to hear their thoughts now.
          They had every angle covered why it was a good bust. I understand supporting your own but this one stunk so bad from the first hour it happened I was surprised most swore it was a good bust..Up until now which is crickets.

Comment

I have no problem with LEOs doing what they have to do to catch the bad guys. I realize that some things have to be done at times to reel in the criminals(BAD GUYS) I think playing a little dirty has its place..... It's when innocent people start getting caught up int and even killed is were I draw the line...
            And since your never innocent to a cop, your theory seems like a bad idea. Just gives them the ability to put something on you just because. I'm not putting my trust in a cops morals, for anything in the world.

"Is that typical to ride around with dope that isn't accounted for as a police officers? Is there no laws governing that?"

Yes sir, guns too. You should see the gun collections of some Sheriffs, never cost em a dime. 15 yrs outa office, still gives guns away left and right, like he has a never ending supply. Not a drug dealer alive that shows up to court and is gonna say something when no gun charges pop up. "Excuse me judge, I had a couple guns along with dope, but I hear no mention of it"
            And nobody says a word. That thin blue line gets wide and shelters the good and bad, when it comes to your own.

Comment

I have no problem with LEOs doing what they have to do to catch the bad guys. I realize that some things have to be done at times to reel in the criminals(BAD GUYS) I think playing a little dirty has its place..... It's when innocent people start getting caught up int and even killed is were I draw the line...
              One of the most ignorant posts I've ever read on here.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                Why is it ignorant? Do you not see how lop-sided the system is towards the bad guys? I'm all for giving people a fair trial but a lot of these mistrials or cases where evidence is thrown out is straight up stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  You obviously know nothing about how the world of policing narcotics works, the types of people that LEO's have to deal with in that business and the dangers involved but thats ok.. You just keep wearing your rose colored glasses and stay in your safe space.. The Cops will protect you..

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Why is it ignorant? Do you not see how lop-sided the system is towards the bad guys? I'm all for giving people a fair trial but a lot of these mistrials or cases where evidence is thrown out is straight up stupid.
                    It is intentionally set up that way to avoid incarceration of innocent people.

I would rather 100,000 criminals walk free than 1 innocent man sit in prison. I can protect what is mine myself. The Government and Judicial system were set up to promote freedom, not safety. The topic of this thread is a pretty solid reminder of why you cannot allow Law Enforcement to bend the rules.

There has to be clear cut rules in the process to help nullify human subjectivity and bias.

Now, that isn't to say the judicial system isn't over run with bleeding heart judges with an agenda. Or on the other hand how stupid drug charges are maliciously prosecuted. But that's a whole other conversation.
                    Last edited by Clay C; 02-22-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      It is intentionally set up that way to avoid incarceration of innocent people.

I would rather 100,000 criminals walk free than 1 innocent man sit in prison. I can protect what is mine myself. The Government and Judicial system were set up to promote freedom, not safety. The topic of this thread is a pretty solid reminder of why you cannot allow Law Enforcement to bend the rules.

There has to be clear cut rules in the process to help nullify human subjectivity and bias.

Now, that isn't to say the judicial system isn't over run with bleeding heart judges with an agenda. Or on the other hand how stupid drug charges are maliciously prosecuted. But that's a whole other conversation.

You can't have a system where the bad guys(criminals)are allowed to operate in 50 shades of grey and then expect our LEO's to operate strictly in the black or white.. It just doesn't work that way... Unfortunately that is where we are heading and we are almost there and that's exactly why things are as bad as they are today... The entire system stacks the deck in the criminals favor.. Any time a LEO pins a badge on, he or she is automatically playing against a stacked deck!!! I can't imagine that stress..

Comment

You can't have a system where the bad guys(criminals)are allowed to operate in 50 shades of grey and then expect our LEO's to operate strictly in the black or white.. It just doesn't work that way... Unfortunately that is where we are heading and we are almost there and that's exactly why things are as bad as they are today... The entire system stacks the deck in the criminals favor.. Any time a LEO pins a badge on, he or she is automatically playing against a stacked deck!!! I can't imagine that stress..

Criminals by definition operate in the grey. The LEO's job is to arrest people they catch breaking the law. It is an incredibly stressful and difficult job. That does not give them the right to work outside of the laws they are there to enforce.

The entire system ,by design, stacks the decks in the defendants favor. Yes it can be incredibly frustrating sometimes watching obvious scumbags go free, but it is like that for a reason. No single person has the right to decide someones guilt until a fair trial has been given. Playing outside the rules to catch your man is basically saying "I know this guy is guilty, so the ends justify the means". The topic of this thread is a prime example as to why that is not okay.

Again, I'm not saying it's a perfect system. Or that it couldn't use some changes. I'm just a big believer in a criminal justice system being wary of locking up an innocent person.

Comment

Criminals by definition operate in the grey. The LEO's job is to arrest people they catch breaking the law. It is an incredibly stressful and difficult job. That does not give them the right to work outside of the laws they are there to enforce.

The entire system ,by design, stacks the decks in the defendants favor. Yes it can be incredibly frustrating sometimes watching obvious scumbags go free, but it is like that for a reason. No single person has the right to decide someones guilt until a fair trial has been given. Playing outside the rules to catch your man is basically saying "I know this guy is guilty, so the ends justify the means". The topic of this thread is a prime example as to why that is not okay.

Again, I'm not saying it's a perfect system. Or that it couldn't use some changes. I'm just a big believer in a criminal justice system being wary of locking up an innocent person.
                          Scumbags continually going free is what turns good cops into cops that are willing to push the envelope.. There is a very fine line between doing what has to be done to rid society of these parasites and going to far.. I could not be a cop!!

But yes In this particular situation folks went to far. Way to far..

Comment

The selective enforcement of laws is the problem in my opinion.

A very close second, is lawyers. Their job is to make is to blur the lines between between black and white.

Over 70% of the worlds lawyers live in the U.S.

The U.S. has over 900,000 lawyers !

Thats one lawyer for every 300 Americans.

Washington D.C. boasts 1 lawyer for every 22 people!

Number of Law Students Enrolled :125,000

Number of New Lawyers every year : 40,000

Comment

Scumbags continually going free is what turns good cops into cops that are willing to push the envelope.. There is a very fine line between doing what has to be done to rid society of these parasites and going to far.. I could not be a cop!!

But yes In this particular situation folks went to far. Way to far..
                              What if in this case they would have lied to get the warrant(s), kicked in the door, went in and found kilos of heroin on the table ready to be distributed, arrested the dealers and everyone went home happy?

It's only too far when the outcome hits the fans. At that point it is too late.

Comment

What if in this case they would have lied to get the warrant(s), kicked in the door, went in and found kilos of heroin on the table ready to be distributed, arrested the dealers and everyone went home happy?

It's only too far when the outcome hits the fans. At that point it is too late.
                                Well like I said "I could not be a cop".... I believe when the garbage can is full it needs to be disposed of.. By whom and how I do not care. Just get it done..

Comment

Working...
                                X