Folded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    This is exactly how I see it at this point in the game..

The 2 Supreme Court additions were a huge win though!!!!!!
    When Ruthie gives up her throne, we get one more.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      Friendly wager.
      If he doesn't get approval for his wall by Feb 28, 2019 you have to put up a Obama avatar of my choosing March 1, 2019 - March 31, 2019.
      If he DOES get funding for (at least a portion) of his wall I'll put up whatever avatar you want me to for same timeperiod.

Deal?

He's not getting that wall funded!
      I got no dog in this but an AOC avatar would be more fitting

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        This fight isn't over... I am glad employees are going to get paid if the government is going to mandate they work during the so called shut down. First order of business should be legislation that stipulates no member of the House or Senate gets paid during any government shutdown. Additionally, that they must be in DC working or they will automatically forfeit their seat and a special election be held to replace them.
        Take a look at their bank balance. I think they can survive a government shutdown.

As for the forfeiture, well, we can dream can’t we.

Bottom line, both parties are out of touch with the American worker.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
          The congress granted the President this authority under the National Emergencies Act of 1976. This is a true crisis. For someone to sue the court to try and stop Trump from using it they would need to have standing. Dems would have no standing but perhaps a landowner on the border where the wall took his land would have standing. When it does make it to the courts POTUS can fast track this to SCOTUS where he has a clear advantage. The law is vague and loose on redirecting funds and Trump will come out on top.

By the way both Obama and Bush used the National Emergencies Act in their Presidencies.

Trust Trump and trust the plan. A three week delay is nothing...but it shows any remaining people that the Dems truly want open borders. This has been thought out long ago and in three weeks he will have won the war. Trump doesn't lose.
          A) it’s not Trump I’m worried about, it’s the next guy.
          B) this is dangerous precedent. If congress won’t give you what you want, just call a national emergency and do it anyway. That’s not the intent and it undermines the system of checks and balances and it will eventually be abused

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Any one wishing for a declaration of national security needs to check themselves. This is the last thing we need is for the Executive Branch a half step away from dictatorial measures and the tyranny that accompanied that.
            Nailed it! Should he go that route, I believe the legal challenges will derail it quickly....

Comment

B) this is dangerous precedent. If congress won’t give you what you want, just call a national emergency and do it anyway. That’s not the intent and it undermines the system of checks and balances and it will eventually be abused
              I agree, it's not the way to go; as much as I want to see that wall built the real cost may be much more than we ever thought.

when Trump is out of office and the next guy comes in and does the same thing, only on a different subject... we may not like the results.

Comment

The US is currently under 31 National Emergencies.

US President Donald Trump has suggested he could declare a national emergency to get a border wall. This hasn't happened yet, but the US is still technically in crisis. There are 31 national emergencies currently active, ranging from last year to 1979.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                  The US is currently under 31 National Emergencies.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2019-01-...res-what-means
                  Yep, I’m aware. But like the article you cited states, there’s a difference between economic sanctions against Iran and securing several billion for a wall that may or may not work

Comment

Trump is a drama queen. Reality tv star. We are getting exactly what we deserve.
                    Pelosi and Schumer can suck it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                      Trump is a drama queen. Reality tv star. We are getting exactly what we deserve.
                      No!.....

Comment

Truth

Comment

Any one wishing for a declaration of national security needs to check themselves. This is the last thing we need is for the Executive Branch a half step away from dictatorial measures and the tyranny that accompanied that.
                          I agree with your statement that that route is dang close to being a dictatorial route and sets precedence for the future office holders and the tyranny that is accompanied with it just like you said, BUT building the wall and and declaring national emergency is different here. The Secure Fence Act of 2006 is still in effect and was never finished, therefore Trump would not be decreeing anything new, just finishing something that fell by the way side and forgotten about. Now the MSM won’t cover that part, they would just claim it’s a dictatorial move I would have to bet.

Comment

He is a drama queen, reality TV star, that put 2 conservatives on the SC....

He does need to tone down the tweeting and public bickering and start concentrating on throwing some of that Obama clan in prison though... At this point there is more than enough evidence to get that done..

Comment

Heck, I was "kinda sorta" interested in a extended shutdown to see a real life case study in personal economics. With 800,000 participants as the "N" it would have been quite compelling to watch it unfold in realtime. I also rather not see the President use his powers to get this needed border security done. As many, many, many have noted that is really bad precedence. Heck, on live TV today his Intelligence Chiefs are unwittingly contradicting the President on what are truly the most serious threats to our nation. Our southern border was so far down the list it was uncomfortable to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                Heck, I was "kinda sorta" interested in a extended shutdown to see a real life case study in personal economics. With 800,000 participants as the "N" it would have been quite compelling to watch it unfold in realtime. I also rather not see the President use his powers to get this needed border security done. As many, many, many have noted that is really bad precedence. Heck, on live TV today his Intelligence Chiefs are unwittingly contradicting the President on what are truly the most serious threats to our nation. Our southern border was so far down the list it was uncomfortable to watch.
                                I would have liked to have seen that.. What could have possibly been above it to push that far down the list??
                                I'm sure there are a few more serious above it but for anyone to think border security is not a very, very serious issue is just ludicrous!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X