No announcement yet.

ticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

along with treating the premises...you have to treat the source of the ticks and fleas food....cattle, cats, dogs etc. and use the correct dose, as I can attest to resistance in tick populations here in the RGV. We're getting outbreaks all the time from cattle that come up from Mexico. Also, ticks in Cameron and Willacy Co. are permethrin resistant (Fever ticks) that is and nilgai are helping to spread them around. So use your treatment correctly!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      Forgive my ignorance, but are you serious?
      Totally serious.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
          You talkin about human dosing or cattle
          I'm talking about a human taking it. You will not have a tick stuck on you nor a chigger bite.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Totally serious.
            How do you do the doses?

Comment

I'm talking about a human taking it. You will not have a tick stuck on you nor a chigger bite.
              What dosage do you use? Topical or injectable?

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                What dosage do you use? Topical or injectable?
                4 buck tube of horse wormer from feed store. 1. 87 percent . Maje 5 doses out of it . That's what I do but I'm not a dr so do what you think is right. Your dr can prescribe it.

Comment

I find that hard to believe as I treated my dog for heartworm with ivermec his whole life and that did nothing to prevent fleas and ticks. Had to treat him separate for fleas n ticks. Now I know permethrin works. You can put a tick on permethrin treated clothing and watch him curl up and fall off in short order.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

For fleas use the nematodes that can last 3-5 years. Not sure on ticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                      I find that hard to believe as I treated my dog for heartworm with ivermec his whole life and that did nothing to prevent fleas and ticks. Had to treat him separate for fleas n ticks. Now I know permethrin works. You can put a tick on permethrin treated clothing and watch him curl up and fall off in short order.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      I really dont care whether you believe that or not.

Comment

I've heard dusting with sulfur powder will work for chiggers...don't know about ticks and fleas.

Comment

Our agronomist for the ranch brought out some spray for the barn and yard ( we have cattle walking through to get to a pond and hogs coming in for a snack of spilt grain and had a terrible tick problem) sprayed something that was extremely effective it had a UV 1/2 life but he mixed up a strong batch and cured the problem, no clue about what it was, but it took about 1 1/2 years to wear off outside, inside I didn’t see any types of insects for years and years, maybe a chemical dealer on here will chime in, @ home I spray malithin marathon , but it smells and isn’t kid friendly

Comment

4 buck tube of horse wormer from feed store. 1. 87 percent . Maje 5 doses out of it . That's what I do but I'm not a dr so do what you think is right. Your dr can prescribe it.
                            Thanks for sharing. Does it just slowly leech out of your skin all year keeping them off you?

Comment

How far apart are you doing the 3 doses?

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                                If you aren't a large operation and have a pinch point cattle HAVE to walk through you might look into something like the "Cattle Curtain" we have used it in the past with a combination of permethrin and mineral oil to great success.

I knew a lot of old timers that would take burlap sacks soaked with diesel and tie up in pinch points where they would drag over cattleā€™s back.

Comment

Working...
                                X