2015 GMC Trensmission issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the input guys.

Some of you need to realize that there are Ford problem threads on here too. Death wobble and stuff. They all have service departments for a reason. I was hoping for some positive feedback that it may not be toast. I'm sure it is though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      It seems way overfilled when checked cold.

Not supposed to check while cold. But yes, fluid looks bad, change fluid and filter and probably be fine.
      Last edited by WItoTX; 04-04-2021, 01:55 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        Not supposed to check while cold. But yes, fluid looks bad, change fluid and filter and probably be fine.
        I know that. I did just for the comparison. Checked it hot yesterday.

Comment

I’m sure you already know, but I think you’re supposed to check with the engine running.

Comment

Just put my 14' burbie in the shop Friday. 140k on it and he told me I was one of the lucky ones? Nothing $3500-4000 won't fix. My 06 had 320 I on it with 0 issues.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

Some of you need to realize that there are Ford problem threads on here too. Death wobble and stuff. They all have service departments for a reason. I was hoping for some positive feedback that it may not be toast. I'm sure it is though.

Yes they all do have problems....GM has a half ton transmission problem that has happened on every vehicle I have purchased since 2012 and the repair is just south of $5000. I’ve decided to deal with other smaller problems other car makers have that are not as expensive to fix. If I were in your shoes I would prepare to have tHe transmission replaced or rebuilt due to a torque converter that grenaded.

Comment

Gotcha. I am curious to hear how it turns out. I think if you swap fluid and filter, you will be fine. Maybe fill it up, drive around a bit to get some circulation through the lines, then swap fluid again. That stuff looks nasty in there now LOL

Good luck on the rest of your trip. We drive to central WI to hunt every rifle season, Iowa and southern MN are the worst to drive through. Even doing 85 mph, a guy can't get through there fast enough!
                Last edited by WItoTX; 04-04-2021, 07:04 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Put a converter in it and flush it if there wasn’t any “glitter” in it.

Comment

IMO it’s done.
                    I have never seen one recover from a filter and fluid change.
                    Good luck.

Comment

Just replaced my wife’s 2011 suburban trans last month. 142k. I would say you are past that trannies prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                        I have a 2015 GMC and I’m on my 4th transmission. Im so ticked I’m switching to Ford on my next truck. GM should have never put that junk on the road.
                        I just bought a Ford because my 2016 Chevy with 104k miles was getting ready to drop the transmission. My local shop quoted me $4,400 to replace.

Comment

I had an ‘07 Chevy that had 270k on it when I traded it off. That truck was on its 3rd fuel pump. That left me on the side of the road.

Then I get a 2016 Chevy that decides to cough up a transmission at 104k miles on it.

That’s 3 fuel pumps and 1 transmission in 13 years and 374k miles.

I now drive a Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                            I had an ‘07 Chevy that had 270k on it when I traded it off. That truck was on its 3rd fuel pump. That left me on the side of the road.

Then I get a 2016 Chevy that decides to cough up a transmission at 104k miles on it.

That’s 3 fuel pumps and 1 transmission in 13 years and 374k miles.

I now drive a Ford.
                            My buddy just cut an access panel in his chevy truck bed to change the fuel pump so he didnt have to drop the tank lol. He went through 4 on his truck. We followed the video below.

Comment

My 2014 had similar issues, ended up being Torque Converter.. Tad cheaper than a transmission but still wasnt cheap. I felt the shutter for a while before it went out. I have been loyal GM guy but this one may make me reconsider next time around.

Comment

200K on a transmission is on the upper side of how long they will last. Your fluid is burnt, when was the last time you serviced the transmission? How many times have you serviced it since new?

Comment

Working...
                                X