No announcement yet.

What is the world's best carry pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I carry several different pistols depending on what clothes I am wearing.
    The best gun to carry is one of the largest caliber you are most proficient with, can deploy the fastest and be accurate with on a full mag dump.

Comment

I went round and round with this question and ultimately ease of carry is the main deciding factor (after function). For me, I like the small pocket pistols. I just throw it in my front pocket like I would my phone or wallet. The ease of carry means I actually carry it more. I like the Kahr p380 or cw380. They are DAO which I like for carry purposes. The idea of carrying a pistol "C&L" in my pocket doesn't appeal to me. I know the .380 gets some flack for being a small round but with quality ammo, it will more than do the job. Especially if you consider 95% of concealed carry use is within 10' or less.

Comment

Cozy with my Wilson EDC 9...got to fondle a staccato C2 that came in for a customer & feels similar in the hand.

Comment

Currently a SW bodyguard. I will actually carry it so it is the best to me. 2nd place is an xds 9mm but don't carry it thus it's 2nd place position.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sig p365 with 12 round mag. Occasionally a 15 round backup is carried also. It goes everywhere I go. Keys, wallet, phone, Redman and P365.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Chevy....

Sorry, wrong thread.

Comment

P365 with the 15rd mag. Probably the most accurate pistol I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For me it is the Sig P365 w/ the 12rd mag all day everyday
                  but I would like to see the new Shield Plus.

Comment

I rotate 3 depending on what I’m wearing and what I feel like carrying. 43x,45 and P10c
                    For me the 43x is pretty close to perfect size carry gun. I want to get it cut and put a red dot on it.
                    The one that fits my hand and shoots the best for me is the P10C. Running a Holosun on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What is the world's best carry pistol?

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                      Wow, does that 29 get that speed out of the stock length barrel? That is smoking out of a 3.75 or so inch barrel

It is extended to ~4” and threaded. It also is an aftermarket barrel made by Bar-Sto.

But yes it is smoking fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by Mike D; 04-01-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        Cozy with my Wilson EDC 9...got to fondle a staccato C2 that came in for a customer & feels similar in the hand.

We got a high roller in da house!

Hi Paul. [emoji16]

FWIW I want one of the Wilson EDC 9s badly!

Comment

S&W Bodyguard ... It's just to easy....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            We got a high roller in da house!

Hi Paul. [emoji16]

FWIW I want one of the Wilson EDC 9s badly!

Never heard of Wilson pistols?[emoji848] Tell me more!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mikey,

I got lucky...I was referred a new customer for consignment & he had the EDC & a FNS-9C. Told him about how the deal works on GB & not a fast process by the time you go through the auction / shipping etc.

Well, he was hot for the $$$ to get another toy & said he would be happy to get $2500 for both...couldn't get the checkbook out any faster if I tried!!

Oscar, I would look at the staccato as well.

Wilson Combat has been the innovator in custom pistols, long guns, and accessories since 1977. Home of the Wilson Combat 1911, EDC X9, WCP320, and more!

Comment

For me it’s a Glock-29. Been carrying it since ‘05. Still in its 10mm configuration.

After reading the results MikeD is getting from his conversion I may look at fitting a .357 SIG barrel to it. I have plenty of brass & bullets to use.

My other favorite was a SIG 229 in .357 SIG. I ended up selling it to a fella back in AZ .

Now it’s one of those guns I wish I never sold.

Comment

Working...
                                X