2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout Fishing Port O'Connor, TX!

Don't know this kiddo but his fishing video is pretty dang good.

Ya'll go check it out and thumbs up the video. Also subscribe, so he can get his numbers up and get monetized.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x58f4u2X2Uo"]Trout Fishing Port O'Connor, TX! Limited out at the Jetties! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Glenn, don't look like that new sled gonna be skinny friendly?? What's the back end look like?
      I’ve fished on a couple magnums, they’re pretty skinny for a V. Great boats

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Glenn, don't look like that new sled gonna be skinny friendly?? What's the back end look like?
        For Matagorda guides it basically comes down to cats vs v's. We all debate it between ourselves and in our heads. It is an ongoing, neverending debate. Both will do 90-95% of what we do. Then you have to decide what is important to you for the other 5-10% AND what you are willing to give up or not give up in ride, handling and big water capability.

My next boat may be a cat boat. Or it might be another Magnum. You just never know. Or I may end up with a second boat just for skinny water pursuits.

I am really looking forward to doing more nearshore stuff. Snapper, ling, tarpon type stuff that I could not do at all in my old boat ever. And the backwater, backlake redfishing is a very, very small portion of what I do. It just isn't a high percentage option. For me by myself, sure, but with customers it is not.

Boats come and boats go. It's just a boat. If I don't like it I'll get a different one next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
          For Matagorda guides it basically comes down to cats vs v's. We all debate it between ourselves and in our heads. It is an ongoing, neverending debate. Both will do 90-95% of what we do. Then you have to decide what is important to you for the other 5-10% AND what you are willing to give up or not give up in ride, handling and big water capability.

My next boat may be a cat boat. Or it might be another Magnum. You just never know. Or I may end up with a second boat just for skinny water pursuits.

I am really looking forward to doing more nearshore stuff. Snapper, ling, tarpon type stuff that I could not do at all in my old boat ever. And the backwater, backlake redfishing is a very, very small portion of what I do. It just isn't a high percentage option. For me by myself, sure, but with customers it is not.

Boats come and boats go. It's just a boat. If I don't like it I'll get a different one next year.
          Congrats Glenn on the boat! Can't wait to fish out of it!

Comment

Yesterday they had the plug for the new 25 Magnum Tunnel just about ready to pop a mold off of it. That one may be an interesting boat for my area too. When they start building them I am going to have to go ride in one and check it out. It's kinda like a longer, wider, smoother, and faster Bigfoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
              Yesterday they had the plug for the new 25 Magnum Tunnel just about ready to pop a mold off of it. That one may be an interesting boat for my area too. When they start building them I am going to have to go ride in one and check it out. It's kinda like a longer, wider, smoother, and faster Bigfoot.
              The Bigfoot was always a nice boat but just wasn’t super wide or have a lot of fishing area for a guide. This new design just might be the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Congrats Glenn on the boat! Can't wait to fish out of it!
                Well you have fished out of Ray's a bunch. His is a 23 Magnum. So it'll be pretty similar.

CLR- yeah, it may be. We'll just have to see how much speed/efficiency it gives up. The size and layout will be great.

Comment

With this cold snap coming, are we on track for a fish kill? Obviously depends on how long we are at/below freezing. It’s been warm and the fish in many areas are likely moving to shallower waters. Let’s hope we dodge a bullet.

Comment

The Colorado is going chugged full of fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If the temps get where some of the forecast are predicting we will lose fish, question will be how many. Pray that the temps don't get as low as predicted.

Comment

I wish yall luck with the cold weather.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not looking too good. I hope they're wrong, single digits will get em for sure.

Comment

Could make for some interesting fishing. Anyone have one of these?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fingers crossed it doesn't get as cold as predicted down there. Really don't need a big fish kill and the snook were really starting to make a good come back in the Upper Laguna

Comment

I've been watching it closely and the forecast has bobbed around some. If it gets as cold as they are saying and stays cold for as long as they are saying we will see fish kills. The question is going to be, how many and how widespread? Will enough of them head to deeper water with the several days of north winds, falling tides and falling temps before it gets bad? It's hard to say. I sure hope they all make it to deep water. And I hope they will shut down shipping on the ICW for a few days. There will be a bunch of fish in the ICW and the barges will stir the water up making it cold from top to bottom killing fish that otherwise would have been ok laid up on the bottom of the ICW.

Comment

Working...
                                X