Stock Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colonel_Reb View Post
    Below is a quote from the great Jim Grant of "Grant's Interest Rate Observer" that I think is very prescient at this time.

"Low rates are notorious mischief-makers. Seeking the returns unavailable at the bank or in government debt or even in conventional 60/40 investment portfolios, savers become investors, investors become speculators and millennials turn to day-trading."

I would urge caution to anyone jumping in at this time trying to get a piece of the recent gains. We are truly in unprecedented times with a pandemic, record low interest rates, and unprecedented Fed money printing. There are zero fundamentals to support current valuations.
    A lot of truth to this, hence why Ive been doing more and more real estate investments. My 28 yr old son has started day trading recently lol.

Comment

I took my profits on Hlx today. They had a good earnings report yesterday. In at $2.09 out at 5.00. I will get back in on the dips. It’s a solid company with plenty of cash and a history of beating earnings.

Comment

Anybody jumping into the TSLA stock??

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
          Anybody jumping into the TSLA stock??
          Im thinking of shorting it lol.

Comment

Silver has been on a terror as of late. I bought in SLV in April when it was around $14 and change. Holding for the long term as it’s my inflation hedge, along with a position in gold. Also long Budweiser and miller/coors. Money tied up in cheveron and southern company as well (safe place to park cash with solid dividend payout). Only position I’m negative in currently is Miller/coors (down 3% from entry as of today), but that’s a longer term hold as well.
            Last edited by TwoHighways; 07-23-2020, 10:08 AM.

Comment

I did pretty good on Spotify. Bought right after I heard they are paying Joe Rogan 100 mil to move his podcast there. Bought at $190. Still holding a few shares.

Comment

Does anyone post their bad trades/losses?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  Im thinking of shorting it lol.
                  Just curious why? What's reason that you think it will drop and the timeframe it's going to drop in?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                    I'm curious if anyone will post their trading strategy. How do they identify stocks, what fundamentals are they looking at, what technicals are they using, etc. Or is it all gut feel. I'm always looking for ways to improve my research and trading strategy.

Comment

Yea, BKEP has been a dog! Those .04 dividends have really been nice

Got into Ford thinking it was fairly stable price wise and produced consistent dividends. They soon thereafter suspended all dividends.

There have been a few that I sold and made money, but held too long (or jumped ship too quickly) and could've made more.

I've never personally met anyone who "won" on every trade, that did much trading at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbrown50 View Post
                        What’s everyone’s thoughts on NKLA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I got in pre merger and out after merger but would not be in it now. I think they still have a good amount of downside to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                          Yea, BKEP has been a dog! Those .04 dividends have really been nice

Got into Ford thinking it was fairly stable price wise and produced consistent dividends. They soon thereafter suspended all dividends.

There have been a few that I sold and made money, but held too long (or jumped ship too quickly) and could've made more.

I've never personally met anyone who "won" on every trade, that did much trading at all.
                          I’ve actually thought about Ford, but I’m too risk averse. Not in great financial shape at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                            I'm curious if anyone will post their trading strategy. How do they identify stocks, what fundamentals are they looking at, what technicals are they using, etc. Or is it all gut feel. I'm always looking for ways to improve my research and trading strategy.
                            I’m more fundamentals based and not into short term/speculative stuff. I look at price/earnings, debt to equity, and dividend yields.

Comment

Silver has been on a terror as of late. I bought in SLV in April when it was around $14 and change. Holding for the long term as it’s my inflation hedge, along with a position in gold. Also long Budweiser and miller/coors. Money tied up in cheveron and southern company as well (safe place to park cash with solid dividend payout). Only position I’m negative in currently is Miller/coors (down 3% from entry as of today), but that’s a longer term hold as well.
                              I had to sell half of my SLV calls today. They were up 3-400% Holding the rest but they are far out strikes.

I'm like a fart in the wind. I basically look for whatever pattern is currently working. Lately it's been super high volume stocks and the run after hours and super early pre-market. This is obviously just day trades.

Longer term I don't do much except holding a few SPAC plays like FVAC and CCXX.

Swings I change up but only do when a sector is hot and should be hot for a long time. Vaccine plays been doing great. Getting in is the hard part. I've picked a few non movers and bought/waited for the news. Still waiting on some like CLBS, AKER

Comment

Just curious why? What's reason that you think it will drop and the timeframe it's going to drop in?
                                Tesla is more than likely going to make a secondary offering of stock in order to have more available for the funds that have to own it on the S&P 500 once they get in. That will dilute the market and bring the price down.

Article I read today said this could happen within a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X