Stock Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STGS View Post
    Not sure I can agree that a "handful" of stocks are propping up the market. Take a look at what comprises the Dow 30, S&P 500 or Russell 2000. Very few, if any those stocks are up several 100's or 1,000's of % points. That is the scale a single or "handful" of stocks would need to raise those markets by double digits.

I think most markets have accepted the unemployment rates are short term in nature and a lot of the entities affected by the 30-90 day shut down will weather storm long-term.

Time will tell, but in the short-term, I will remain a buyer of equities.

X2.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
      Considering what has taken place the last 60 days, and to see where the market is right now.......you’d be a fool to make ANY kind of predictions. There is no logic to this current market. I’m not complaining, as I’ve done very well day trading, but we need to just accept it for what it is and don’t try to analyze or predict it in anyway.
      It's not my prediction, but the view of many I know of are saying the same. You are correct about the market making no sense right now. But I have made some good money managing my own IRA. I will take my wins and hedge the losses the best I can.

Comment

Dow up because market can tel that the protesters, burn everything down, hate trump, trump bad - will not get Biden elected. Market can tell we will re-elect trump. So PPPBBTTTHHTTTTT!

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post
          Dow up because market can tel that the protesters, burn everything down, hate trump, trump bad - will not get Biden elected. Market can tell we will re-elect trump. So PPPBBTTTHHTTTTT!
          I think we could be friends!

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
            I put all equities in cash on Feb 25th. Dow was 27081 SP500 was 3125. I've missed the entire roller coaster. As of today, its been a push for me if I'm not down a point or 2. I def missed out on a good opportunity to ride this sucker back up from the bottom. It's been quite the breakout. I've resisted FOMO over the last few weeks. We will see what happens. I really don't see myself getting comfortable with reentry until at least 11/04/2020 if not a later point than that. My business is doing very well. All my needs are met and I want for nothing. More $$$ is always a fun concept to think about but I just cannot get comfortable with the irrationality of things right now. The world is upside down. All the headlines you see "This just in on dire news of all time highs in unemployment, mass rioting and looting nationwide and wave of new bankruptcies, the DOW surges 1000 points."

LOL the things we tell ourselves ^^^^^^ after missed opportunities...sigh

Market timing is a losing game. If you can't stomach the ups and downs then staying on the sidelines is probably the best place to be.

Comment

well pre market is not looking very good this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                Market timing is a losing game. If you can't stomach the ups and downs then staying on the sidelines is probably the best place to be.
                Can stomach the longest bull run ever which encapsulates the entire time I've ever been invested in equites. But def not the craziness of the last 4 months. And I'm really concerned about the value of the $ going forward too and trying to figure out what the best hedge against inflation will be. At this point my comfort level is just purting my cash back into growing my business. Some strange times we are living in right now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Can stomach the longest bull run ever which encapsulates the entire time I've ever been invested in equites. But def not the craziness of the last 4 months. And I'm really concerned about the value of the $ going forward too and trying to figure out what the best hedge against inflation will be. At this point my comfort level is just purting my cash back into growing my business. Some strange times we are living in right now.

Nothing wrong with that. Ive done well in the stock market in my lifetime but I made my wealth by investing in and growing my company to the point someone wanted to write a big check to buy it. Guess what I let them. Nothing wrong with taking profit off the table.

Comment

The Russell 2000 is down almost 6% so far today.....Ouch!

Comment

If your young ride it out, if you a few years from retirement hopefully your invested in safer investments.

Comment

I had a bunch of triggers go off and sold a lot on Monday. Today I had a lot go off and bought back automatically. I should have set my buy quotes lower it looks like

Comment

Man the market is taking a pounding

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

A wise man in this thread said if you can't stomach the ups and downs then being on the sidelines with me right now is probably your best bet! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
                              Man the market is taking a pounding

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                              By this guy.

Comment

A wise man in this thread said if you can't stomach the ups and downs then being on the sidelines with me right now is probably your best bet! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Yes absolutely. If a day like today makes you pull your chips off the table then you should have never sat down to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X