No announcement yet.

Darton & Stan R Were Right!!!!! Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good man. I live in OK and it poured all day today!

Comment

YESSIR!!!

Wondering how much of my seed and fertilizer from my corners has washed away. All in all, I’m thrilled!

Can’t wait to get back up there to see how it’s doing and installing a browse enclosure to see how much the deer are utilizing the plot.

Comment

Rice bran really works great in that area. Was just started to be used when I moved to Texas. No clue why but those hilly deer loved it. Of course, I did hunt two ridges south of you.

Comment

It’s about that time!

Little britches and I are heading North on Friday for our first hunting trip on the new place. This will be a Father Daughter trip as Mom and the rest of the crew have previous engagements. That works for Molly and me!

She has been practicing with the crossbow and should be ready to go if the weather cooperates.

The plan is to head up on Friday afternoon and hunt Saturday and Sunday. She has taken a doe with her .223 in 2016:

And took her first doe with a crossbow last year:

She missed a mid to upper 120’s buck last year and wants to connect this year.

Also, Darton checked on he food plots about ten days ago and reported back that we have good growth on the main plot!

We’ve had favorable weather this past week so I’m expecting good growth. Molly and I will put out that exclusion cage to help gauge the utilization. I’m really interested in seeing how well the kill plot in the woods/staging area has done.

I’ll have the cameras rolling on our sits so it should be fun!
          Last edited by Booner Sooner; 10-09-2018, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Everything is looking good! Good luck to your daughter hunting this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
              It’s about that time!

Little britches and I are heading North on Friday for our first hunting trip on the new place. This will be a Father Daughter trip as Mom and the rest of the crew have previous engagements. That works for Molly and me!

She has been practicing with the crossbow and should be ready to go if the weather cooperates.

The plan is to head up on Friday afternoon and hunt Saturday and Sunday. She has taken a doe with her .223 in 2016:

And took her first doe with a crossbow last year:

She missed a mid to upper 120’s buck last year and wants to connect this year.

Also, Darton checked on he food plots about ten days ago and reported back that we have good growth on the main plot!

We’ve had favorable weather this past week so I’m expecting good growth. Molly and I will put out that exclusion cage to help gauge the utilization. I’m really interested in seeing how well the kill plot in the woods/staging area has done.

I’ll have the cameras rolling on our sits so it should be fun!
              Looking forward to following along!

Comment

Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Your plot looks good, sure wished I could say the same........Dad gum Army worms....ha ha .

Rwc

Comment

Thanks. This weekend will make nearly four weeks since we’ve been up so I’m praying they are still healthy and all is well.

Comment

Made it to the cabin in time to let Molly practice a little more with the crossbow and run all but one of our cameras. Still have tons of does hitting the feeders and small bucks during the daytime. Older bucks are only coming in at night.

Molly wants a buck but the freezer is empty and we have a surplus of does so she has the green light for anything that walks.

Food plots are doing great. Pics to come tomorrow.

Praying to get a multi-hour sit in tomorrow morning.

Comment

I'll bet yall won't need the alarm clock in the morning. Good luck Molly!

Comment

We jumped a deer in the dark walking in this morning. Only saw squirrels and crows.

Pics from thin morning’s sit:

Rain is starting to ease up. We are preparing to head out again.

Comment

We sat for a couple of hours in the slow, steady 54 degree rain. I’m proud of her for sticking with me. She’s a trooper.

We had a 2.5 year old 6 point come through at 17 yards but he was just cruising.

Warming up and recovering.

We will hit it again in the morning.

Comment

Well we had an excellent morning sit. Weather was great and wind was favorable. The deer were moving West of us. We will be back up for the youth rife weekend on Saturday to get my son on his first deer.

Here is a view of the main plot.

I’m very pleased as it is doing well.

Will and I will be sitting in the black blind armed with the .223. He’s been practicing.

More to come.
                            Last edited by Booner Sooner; 10-14-2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Weather made things challenging this weekend for sure. I am sure you two had a great time. My food plots are looking good as well. Here's a pic of one of them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Plots are looking good fellas! Can’t wait for the first deer story this weekend! Youth weekend is usually always the start of the big boys getting on their feet!

Comment

Working...
                                X