No announcement yet.

Darton & Stan R Were Right!!!!! Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great place! Nothing like having your own piece of land to hunt on and enjoy!

Comment

This first year discing the plot I figure I’ll be “growing” allot of rocks. Working out a homemade drag. Should be fun working that out.

Comment

I will be planting this weekend as well. Rain should be in our favor to get everything done. Keep us posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
          I will be planting this weekend as well. Rain should be in our favor to get everything done. Keep us posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Hoping you are right, John! Have fun with your labor of love.

Comment

Happy for you an Jealous at the same time! Beautiful place

Comment

We got back up to the hilltop this weekend with tractor, seed, and fertilizer in tow!

FIL and my two youngest helped get the plot ready. After discing it we found about three bucketloads of additional rocks. The kids both want to hunt this fall so we discussed the concept of sweat equity. After a few hours they understood the reality of this concept.

After roughly 4 hours on the tractor and another couple of hours on the four wheeler we got the food plots in.

That 50lb ATV spreader we picked up paid for itself in spades. What a time saver! I don’t yet have the plot acreage to justify a 3-point spreader so this ATV spreader is what the doctor ordered.

Due to rock surrounding the pumpjack I wasn’t able to plant as much of the main plot area as I had planned. Was able to plant about 1.5 acres in the main plot and

We also got in a small kill plot Sunday morning. It’s only about 25 yards wide and 40 yards long but it should be good late season as it’s tucked back in the woods about 250 yards from the main food plot and 150 yards from a neighbor’s adjacent field. I can see them staging here just before sunset.

The morning after my planting I came to the conclusion that God did not destine me to be a farmer! Good Lord I’m sore.

Now we wait for rain!

The kids and I got a double stand up between the kill plot and the #2 feeder.

Finally, cycled the cams and am getting a little more activity.
              The audio from my cams picked up some doe banter talking about the amazing golden nuggets from heaven.

The doe on the far right has some unusual coloring and what looks like bumps. Anyone have thoughts on the doe?

A few bucks have started showing up as well.

We will be back up the first weekend of bow season to get my daughter on a deer with her crossbow and do some final prep work on the blind. Youth weekend will be my 10 year old son’s first hunt as the trigger man!

Praying for a memorable season.
              Last edited by Booner Sooner; 09-17-2018, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Alright alright alright, some good potential in that bone!

Comment

This thread just keeps getting better and better.

Rwc

Comment

Yessss! That last buck is a good one! Things are looking good up your way. Has me excited to see more bucks at my place. I planted on 9/8 and got less than .1 inches of rain yesterday. Crossing my fingers for more rain this weekend. I think you timed it right!

Comment

It is getting close to taking advantage of all of that hard work.

Comment

Everything is looking great and everyone seems to be having a ball Your decision to make a plot back in the timber will payoff! Cant wait to see the end result

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                          Everything is looking great and everyone seems to be having a ball[emoji6]b Your decision to make a plot back in the timber will payoff! Cant wait to see the end result[emoji6]b
                          Everyone is pitching in. Those kids will remember the work. Working cattle with my Dad and Granddad are fond memories. It’s all about the memories. Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                          Alright alright alright, some good potential in that bone!
                          Definitely potential!

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          It is getting close to taking advantage of all of that hard work.
                          The work for this year is 90% done. It’s about time to enjoy sitting in a tree in spots for the first time. Should be fun.

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                          This thread just keeps getting better and better.

Rwc
                          Hoping it continues that way. Looking forward to experiencing the rut for the first time on this place.

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                          Yessss! That last buck is a good one! Things are looking good up your way. Has me excited to see more bucks at my place. I planted on 9/8 and got less than .1 inches of rain yesterday. Crossing my fingers for more rain this weekend. I think you timed it right!
                          The big boys are out there. I believe as you get deeper into the season you will see more of them showing themselves. Looking forward to following along at your place for the adventure.

Looks like rain is in the forecast! Continuing to pray for rain. If everyone could wash their car tomorrow I’d appreciate it. [emoji12]
                          Last edited by Booner Sooner; 09-18-2018, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Just saw this, congrats man the place looks great. Good luck this year

Comment

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
                              Happy for you an Jealous at the same time! Beautiful place

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              Just saw this, congrats man the place looks great. Good luck this year

Thanks, Gents.

Looking closer at the pics from this past weekend I’m wondering how old this buck is. Any thoughts?

Comment

Rain, Rain, Rain!!!!!

Nearly two inches so far! That winter wheat and clover should be shooting up out of the ground shortly!

Comment

Working...
                                X