No announcement yet.

Leaving Bowtech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had issues with a Diamond Deadeye back when it was new....I think 2010. It ate up the strings in two days. Had the strings replaced under warranty twice in the first two weeks. There was a high spot on the cam that was cutting the string and causing it to wear through the serving and string. Diamond/bowtech was useless. Finally a friend who shot for bowtech approached one of the honchos at a shoot and they got right on it. Sent me a cam that had been worked on with a file and covered over with a sharpie. Still looked like it would cut the string. Gander Mountain tech refused to put it on the bow and put me in a different more expensive bow. They said they would rather sell me a decent bow then keep messing with it. Bowtech is very good at letting folks down. It's hard to believe that they have hung on so long with such poor service.
    Last edited by Jon B; 08-30-2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JRG_80 View Post
      Sounds all good....unfortunately Bowtech told me to “kick rock” and used BS formalities to wash their hands of the situation. This was my email to Beth and yesterday I was finally able to speak to Adam(who I was told was as high on the ladder as I could reach by phone) that he was “drawing a line in the sand and now willing to cross it.

Beth,

I appreciate you to taking the time to respond, but throughout the course of the day I have taken several approaches regarding this issue and have been told that I’m pretty much S.O.L in the matter and the Bowtech isn’t going to participate in any resolution. Period.

I am the original owner and purchased thru a local shop that is no longer in business. I did NOT register it and thru the course of two conversation with Ashley(@ ext2072) she informed me that the serial number is tracked to some shop out of state(I’m in TX. Bow was purchased in TX), but would t reveal which state. I told her that I don’t know how all that works but know what I bought and where as this was the 3rd NEW Bowtech that I’d purchased. First being the Mighty Mighy, second being the Tribute, and thirdly this Destroyer. Per my last conversation with her(Ashley) she said that she couldn’t do anything, Bowtech wouldn’t do anything, and that if she did she would have to answer to a superior. I requested that I speak to said superior....at which time I was transferred to Ext 2067. No name, no answer, and have yet to receive a return call.

My NEXT move was to contact your(Bowtech’s) preferred dealer in my area(Mesquite Archery) and had Scott reach out to Bowtech to try and help with the matter....he to called back to inform me that I was S.O.L.

To say I’m disappointed is a understatement. I fee that formalities are being used in a effort to brush aside another issue with a product that is notorious for this exact mishap and I’m sure one that has haunted the company since it’s reared it’s ugly head and I’m sure y’all are ready to move on from and forget.....except their are still some of out here that continue to shoot and use your bow because we(I) like and enjoy this unit. This has been a disheartening day, but has clarified Bowtech’s stance, to me, as to where they stand with backing their products and their customers. Now I’ve got 15 days before I leave for Colorado for my first DIY elk hunt and I’ve got to find a new bow to pack into the mountains with me when I go......mailing it to you to do anything(if anything) in that timeframe is not a option.

Jason Gilstrap

Director of Tilt-Up Construction

On Aug 27, 2019, at 6:46 PM, Beth Harrold <Beth.Harrold@bowtecharchery.com> wrote:

Hi Jason,

Are you the original owner of the bow? And can you provide the serial number to me? You can either go here to send the bow in to us https://bowtecharchery.com/returns/ or take it to your closest authorized dealer and they can get in contact with us. Unfortunately we no longer have limbs for this bow, and if you are the original owner the bow will need to come back to us.

Thank you, have a good day.

Bethany Harrold | Customer Service Representative

Bowtech, Inc. | 90554 Highway 99 N, Eugene, OR 97402

(541)284-4711 x 2085 |http://www.bowtecharchery.com

<image004.jpg>

Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 5:04 AM

To: Information Box (Bowtech) <info@bowtecharchery.com>

Subject: Bowtech Destroyer 340 limb

16 days before I leave on my first Colorado archery elk hunt and mid practice session, while at full draw, this happened. Please advise on what can be done, in a expedited manner, to get me up and running again. Thanks

<image002.jpg>

Jason Gilstrap

Director of Tilt-Up Construction

Wow, reading these emails makes me want to switch brands just on principle!! That ain’t right and they shouldn’t treat you like that. If a customer has a legitimate complaint/concern, you should be able to take it up with the CEO if needed!! This is ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
        Wow, reading these emails makes me want to switch brands just on principle!! That ain’t right and they shouldn’t treat you like that. If a customer has a legitimate complaint/concern, you should be able to take it up with the CEO if needed!! This is ridiculous!

My thoughts and stance on the matter completely. Reps can say what they want, taught, told to say.....but ultimately it’s the actions of the company that is truly the testament for the Company, and in this case it’s been a big [emoji107] for me until shown otherwise.

jrg

Comment

In my archery career I have owned at least one model from all the major manufacturers except Bowtech. I don’t have a problem so much with them having product issues more with how they handle them. Their lack of ownership for known problems and overall initiative in taking care of customers with complaints leaves a lot to be desired and is downright unacceptable. It’s a shame because they always put out bows with great specs that perform well WHEN they are functioning properly.

Comment

Man this is bad PR, too. I'm on my last season of the bow I shoot (brand irrelevant, but the bow doesn't fit me at all) and from everything I've been reading the bowtech Realm SR6 from this year was my target. Now I'm starting to doubt..

Comment

Originally posted by Cjh94 View Post
              Purchased a new Reign 6 from a shop at the beginning of last season. A month and a half ago my upper left limb fractured. Got it shipped off to get 4 new in house limbs put on by Bowtech. Got my bow back Wednesday and only shot 10-15 arrows. Shot 5 arrows on Friday and my lower left limb cracked in two places down the middle. Hopefully switching over to a Mathews Vertix tomorrow. Shot the bow and actually liked it despite being a bowtech guy. Thoughts and concerns are welcome.

Between cams creaking and limbs breaking, I don't know how they stay in business.

Comment

My thoughts and stance on the matter completely. Reps can say what they want, taught, told to say.....but ultimately it’s the actions of the company that is truly the testament for the Company, and in this case it’s been a big [emoji107] for me until shown otherwise.

jrg

Aside from all that mess, are those limbs I sent treating you right?

Comment

I’ve owned several brands of bows but I’m a Mathews believer at this point. I didn’t think I’d ever like a bow as much as my Z7...until I shot a NoCam! Hands down best bow I’ve owned. Make the switch, you won’t regret it.

Comment

I buy used bows and have never had a warranty issue come up.

There is one thing missing from this conversation. What gpp arrow is being used? I know that compounds are supposed to tolerate some ridiculously low gpp combinations, but this may be a situation where getting the arrow weight up will solve the problem. Heavy arrows are a good thing in the hunting world. The lust for higher speed has some of these bows stressed to the maximum and perhaps beyond. I try to stay above eight grains per pound of draw on all of my bows and bump it on up to eleven grains per pound for hunting arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                      I buy used bows and have never had a warranty issue come up.

There is one thing missing from this conversation. What gpp arrow is being used? I know that compounds are supposed to tolerate some ridiculously low gpp combinations, but this may be a situation where getting the arrow weight up will solve the problem. Heavy arrows are a good thing in the hunting world. The lust for higher speed has some of these bows stressed to the maximum and perhaps beyond. I try to stay above eight grains per pound of draw on all of my bows and bump it on up to eleven grains per pound for hunting arrows.
                      I was throwing a 467gr FMJ when my bow Destroyer blew up....which puts me at about 6.7gpp.

jrg

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                        Aside from all that mess, are those limbs I sent treating you right?

Dialed back in my friend

jrg

Comment

They arent called "Blowtech" without reason.

Comment

Wow bet the bowtech rep ain't to thrilled about this post...little did they know how big the tbh community is and how many people this will reach. Shame that they don't stand behind the product...I won't go near a bowtech now thanks for sharing your experience

Comment

Dialed back in my friend

jrg
                              Rock on!! Glad to hear it!

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                                Wow bet the bowtech rep ain't to thrilled about this post...little did they know how big the tbh community is and how many people this will reach. Shame that they don't stand behind the product...I won't go near a bowtech now thanks for sharing your experience
                                I agree it sucks but the dang SR6 is just too good of a bow to now want, lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X