Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
    Ok guys here is what he found!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    THAT is where I left the pistol!

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by hero_moneybags View Post
      Since when did Connelly shoot Kennedy?
      That's the twist! It's a paradox, wrapped in irony, and shrouded in an enigma!!! Coincidentally, Jimmy Hoffa was the gunsmith that modified the pistol to shoot 6.5mm bullets! Like the one found on Connelly's gurney!

cricman

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
        I would have thought it would have been pretty odd for somebody to take the time to install a floor safe, in concrete. And then leave valuables inside of it.

Seems even more odd, that a LEO would leave a service weapon and ammo behind. Or that they would store a service weapon in such a manner. Would be interested in whom the previous owners were, in most counties you can look it up on the appraisal districts website.

Thanks for the ride and closure OP!

My first thoughts exactly. This pistol wasn’t there to keep it safe- it was there to hide it. Why would you put flooring over a safe? You don’t want anyone to find it. Why would the lock be broke off it? You don’t want anyone to open it. Why would you put a gun with speed loader and empty casings in a floor safe before doing the above? You don’t want anyone to find it because it was used in a crime.
        Whoever put the gun in that safe also covered it in flooring- no one in their right mind would cover a safe with flooring unless they knew what was in it or someone told them there was nothin in it which goes back to someone hiding it.

This is just the beginning of the safe mystery...

Comment

I think it was a cool find. Thanks to the OP for posting. It made my miserable life bearable for a while longer.

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
            This is just the beginning of the safe mystery ...
            Agreed. Thread can’t die until that’s solved

Comment

My first thoughts exactly. This pistol wasn’t there to keep it safe- it was there to hide it. Why would you put flooring over a safe? You don’t want anyone to find it. Why would the lock be broke off it? You don’t want anyone to open it. Why would you put a gun with speed loader and empty casings in a floor safe before doing the above? You don’t want anyone to find it because it was used in a crime.
              Whoever put the gun in that safe also covered it in flooring- no one in their right mind would cover a safe with flooring unless they knew what was in it or someone told them there was nothin in it which goes back to someone hiding it.

You have got to be kidding me ...

The find was very cool. Thanks OP for keeping up with this.

I probably wouldn't have after some of the jack wagon comments that have been made. I would have sent a PM to Burnadell to get off his bad side though.

Comment

Instead of concreting it back in, put the lid back on and float it with clear epoxy and leave it exposed as a conversation piece.

Comment

Wow...I will never get the last 1 1/2 hours back.

Comment

The tin foil hats are out in force on this one! Thanks OP for following through and keeping us posted.

I would say the most likely reason it was covered would be an elderly family member passed away, nobody had the combination and the family just covered it up to get the house sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                      Instead of concreting it back in, put the lid back on and float it with clear epoxy and leave it exposed as a conversation piece.
                      That's a really cool idea.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                        TRANSLATION:
                        He is now rich and doesn't want anybody to know.
                        Too many smoochers on this thread!!!
                        Moochers. There may be too many smoothers, too, but that’s an altogether different issue.

Comment

Probably would be best to report it to the authorities so the could test it and. Research it

Would be a great place to hide a gun in a crime

Comment

Or, it could be that the house was sold and a new owner had carpet installed, and the carpet installer simply forgot to cut an access flap in the carpet. I once worked for a builder that installed floor safes, just like the one here, in every house. We covered them with carpet and just cut a little access flap in the carpet. The idea was to hide the safe as much as was practical. It could be a big conspiracy. Or, it could be that a previous owner didn't have the safe combination and just carpeted over it. Or, it could be innocent negligence. Or...

Comment

Haven’t found any bones yet have you 😳🤔

Comment

I doubt it's a murder weapon. There are a hundred different ways to dispose of a pistol used in crime rather than leave it in your house in relatively good condition. Turn it over to the authorities? That sounds like what people in New York and California do. I would find a discreet LEO and have them run the serial.

Comment

Working...
                                X