Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September 2019 OTC Elk

Hello everyone,

I have been and still am in the process of planning an OTC archery elk hunt for September. I'm planning on 7-10 days of hunting.
    This will be my first elk hunt and was curious if anyone would be willing to join me.

I have been doing a ton of research,scouting and have learned how to elk call. I am still working out logistics as far as units and camp goes and would like to get help and direction from someone with experience, and again, maybe share camp and hunting.

Good luck, I did this for the first time last year and loved it. Won’t be able to make it this year because of my son being born in June but will be back after them again the following year

Comment

Are you planning to do a backpack style hunt or more of a big Basecamp?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the son and thank you!

Comment

Im planning on doing a basecamp style with the availability of a bivy if I locate elk and need to move closer
          Last edited by Pstephens14; 02-12-2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would be interested, depending on the draw results from New Mexico. I have hunted CO 2x. without success.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Good luck, what state are you hunting in?

Comment

Been doing my research as well, I have a gohunt account and been doing my homework also a university of elk account. Can't wait

Comment

My advice is don't over complicate things and stay mobile. Just remember you are only there for 5 to 6 days of hunting and don't squander any of them.

Comment

I like to just sleep in the back of the truck so I am free to move where I want. If you are hunting hard you shouldn't be at camp but just to sleep anyway.

Comment

We always hike in from the last place you can park on that side of the mountain for about a 5.5-6hr hike to get away from everyone. Set up camp high and hunt. Never have ran into anyone else and always see elk. Bring some arrows that you don't care about losing and kill some grouse. Best tasting meal you can eat on the mountain.

Comment

I’m in the same boat, I’m planning on going sept 20-29

Comment

Same here

Going solo Sept 18-22 ish

Comment

Working...
                              X