No announcement yet.

Grapevine Lake draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone lose a realtree lid ? [emoji23][emoji23] it was found on the 35 side today.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
      Anybody kill a buck this year at the Vine? The thread has been quite.
      Not that I've heard. None of the guys I've run into at the lake have admitted to killing any.

Comment

Originally posted by turnkey View Post
        not that i've heard. None of the guys i've run into at the lake have admitted to killing any.

Comment

I've passed on everything in shooting range. Probably need to at least pop a doe to reduce the population. This is my last year at the vine, so it's up to you guys to down those monsters.

Comment

I've had 2 in range, neither were legal bucks. The first legal buck or doe inside of 60 is getting smacked.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Missed one legal buck early in the season. Winded me and swung wide almost out of range. Tried to thread the needle in an opening around 42 yards. He was a neat buck but no giant I thought he was about 35 and shot right under him. No encounters since. :/

Comment

This little guy was tempting fate. He walked right up to me while I was walking out. My only guess is he was curious as to what I was.
                Attached Files

Comment

Anyone else out this morning?

Comment

Might be out this evening and tomorrow.

Comment

Looks like I’m done for the year at Grapevine. No deer for me there this year, just some pork for the freezer. Watch out for aggressive coyotes out there. Ended with a crazy encounter with a group yesterday. I was stalking a group of pigs midday, got busted at 40 yards. When they ran off about 80 yards their babies got left behind. I was about to set down the bow and grab a couple when the yotes flew in and started snatching them up only about 5-10 feet from me. With all the squealing two of the bigger pigs came charging back in. One of the crazier animal encounters I’ve had.

Good luck to everyone still hunting. Y’all be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                        Looks like I’m done for the year at Grapevine. No deer for me there this year, just some pork for the freezer. Watch out for aggressive coyotes out there. Ended with a crazy encounter with a group yesterday. I was stalking a group of pigs midday, got busted at 40 yards. When they ran off about 80 yards their babies got left behind. I was about to set down the bow and grab a couple when the yotes flew in and started snatching them up only about 5-10 feet from me. With all the squealing two of the bigger pigs came charging back in. One of the crazier animal encounters I’ve had.

Good luck to everyone still hunting. Y’all be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Dang. Those are literally slices of bacon. [emoji23] cool way to get them though.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                          Dang. Those are literally slices of bacon. [emoji23] cool way to get them though.

In hindsight I’m wondering if it would have been considered baiting to tie a live one to a tree and wait for the others to come back.?

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                            In hindsight I’m wondering if it would have been considered baiting to tie a live one to a tree and wait for the others to come back.?
                            Lol. I saw your text after I bailed town. The vine wins again. I passed a small buck first sit off of 35 early Nov then saw another within range the next day then I didnt see a deer for weeks. Had multiple chances at does just wasnt looking to do all that work for a fem critter this season. I'm definitely feeling my age now. I'll be back grapevine, I'll be back.

Comment

It's crowded out here this morning. At least 5 cars in the park in area.

Comment

Sounds like hunting at the mall.

Comment

Working...
                                X