No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got drawn for 12/7 to 12/11. Anyone gonna walk it in instead of taking a bike? Thinking about doing that to challenge myself a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
      I would highly recommend the sit approach. You will make a lot people angry by walking around during hunting hours.

I have a 6 foot Breakdown triptop that I had built for laguna, but I found it easier to walk around with a chair and set up along a trail than haul around a tripod.
      Agreed. Why I'm torn between a pop-up and tripod. That's a great idea you have, wouldn't take much to wrap some camo cover around the sitting spot. Thanks for tips brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Kidd View Post
        I got drawn for 12/7 to 12/11. Anyone gonna walk it in instead of taking a bike? Thinking about doing that to challenge myself a bit.

Same dates, I’ll be walking the whole way. Does a bike actually make it easier? I feel like carrying a bow and other gear a bike would make it difficult lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Kidd View Post
          I will be walking during the same hunt. A bike is a great idea to get to spots quick, but with the thorny brush and cacti punctures are inevitable. Walking seems to give more opportunity to glass and change positions more freely.

Comment

What draw weight are you all using for your setup? I'm prepping for white tail at 65#, but on the off chance I get a shot at a Blue, will it be enough? Shooting a Rage Trypan head.
            Last edited by NxSTexan; 08-19-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Can you shoot nilgai on the deer hunts?

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                Agreed. Why I'm torn between a pop-up and tripod. That's a great idea you have, wouldn't take much to wrap some camo cover around the sitting spot. Thanks for tips brother.
                To me, the biggest down side to sitting on a chair on the ground is the time you have to sit in the dark till sunrise. I’ve had some major pucker causing experiences out there and almost been run over by 300 pound + pig in the dark. Now that’ll get your blood pumping. Our south Texas brush has always given me the creeps in total darkness.

I’m sure everyone will read it on every laguna thread you look up here, but really cannot stress to prepare for ticks and watch for rattlers.

Comment

First page of the hunt guide under Regulations. Underlined
                  Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                  Can you shoot nilgai on the deer hunts?

Comment

Same dates, I’ll be walking the whole way. Does a bike actually make it easier? I feel like carrying a bow and other gear a bike would make it difficult lol

I was thinking the same thing. Don't really feel like carrying extra gear. Even if it helps me get to my spot faster.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                      To me, the biggest down side to sitting on a chair on the ground is the time you have to sit in the dark till sunrise. I’ve had some major pucker causing experiences out there and almost been run over by 300 pound + pig in the dark. Now that’ll get your blood pumping. Our south Texas brush has always given me the creeps in total darkness.

I’m sure everyone will read it on every laguna thread you look up here, but really cannot stress to prepare for ticks and watch for rattlers.
                      I heard that man! I grew up in Mission, live in Fort Worth now.

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                        What draw weight are you all using for your setup? I'm prepping for white tail at 65#, but on the off chance I get a shot at a Blue, will it be enough? Shooting a Rage Trypan head.
                        I'm using the same weight. Anyone killed a nilgai out there?

Comment

Anyone know if you’re allowed to bring a guest? I’d think no since they already have so many people out there

Comment

Only to scout the day before. You can bring two if I read it correctly. Not for the actual hunt.

Comment

Anyone know if you’re allowed to bring a guest? I’d think no since they already have so many people out there

I think you need to read the pdf form they give you. Your asking if you can hunt nilgai and guests... all that is on the pdf

Comment

Originally posted by DannyGarcia View Post
                                I think you need to read the pdf form they give you. Your asking if you can hunt nilgai and guests... all that is on the pdf

U rite

Comment

Working...
                                X