No announcement yet.

Cooper WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who all is out at the south unit this morning?

Comment

It's going to kill me this week with Cooper closed, but I've got some stuff to get done at the house.

Comment

Hunt the South Sulphur unit behind North Hopkins school off 4766..... Now not right behind the school but that's all the advice I'm giving.....LOL

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

I went off of 4782 today, saw 1 squirrel, 1 armadillo, and 4 hunters "still" hunting( walking around breaking sticks and banging into stuff. Talked to the warden when I came out, said there were 7 trucks at the end of the road and 6 on the other end. Will not be going back out there on the weekend again

Comment

I NEVER hunt on the weekends....LOL

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lesson learned!

Comment

Thing is everyone and there dog wants to hit south sulphur during this 2 weeks, even worse when they close cooper wma and pat mayse wma the same weekend so everyone must of flocked down there. We went yesterday morning and there were 8-9 vehicles there. group of pigs, no deer though. Wish I could hunt it during the week but That won't be happening.

Comment

Originally posted by outdoorsnetx View Post
                  Thing is everyone and there dog wants to hit south sulphur during this 2 weeks, even worse when they close cooper wma and pat mayse wma the same weekend so everyone must of flocked down there. We went yesterday morning and there were 8-9 vehicles there. group of pigs, no deer though. Wish I could hunt it during the week but That won't be happening.
                  after hearing all of this i dont think i will give the South Sulphur unit a go. I think i might head a litter further north and see what's going on at Lake Fannin (archery only), Tawakoni was pretty good, we didnt shoot anything but saw quite a few deer in the morning moving around (a couple of GIANTS on camera too during the mornings).

Comment

Originally posted by BPurvisJr View Post
                    after hearing all of this i dont think i will give the South Sulphur unit a go. I think i might head a litter further north and see what's going on at Lake Fannin (archery only), Tawakoni was pretty good, we didnt shoot anything but saw quite a few deer in the morning moving around (a couple of GIANTS on camera too during the mornings).
                    I would guess that if you went during the week you would probably be ok. That's why I don't mind hunting public land too much. I do 90% of my hunting during the week. Very seldom run into anyone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I will stick to army corps this weekend. We need it to get COLD and stay cold the rest of the year! I hate this warm weather.

Comment

Originally posted by BPurvisJr View Post
                        Have you hunted Lake Fannin before? I have been really thinking of trying it myself. bow only for like 10 years now? I could be wrong on the time frame. But, I can only imagine that there might be some really good deer back there along the red river.

Comment

Have you hunted Lake Fannin before? I have been really thinking of trying it myself. bow only for like 10 years now? I could be wrong on the time frame. But, I can only imagine that there might be some really good deer back there along the red river.
                          this will be the first time hunting it. From what i can tell, it has been bow only for quite some time now.

Comment

how is tawakoni? Isn't it pretty crowded also?

Comment

how is tawakoni? Isn't it pretty crowded also?
                              actually, there were only 2 other trucks in the parking lot, and we didnt run into anyone while we were out.

Comment

You better call about Fannin. I called about a month or so ago and was told that the entire area is closed off and not open for hunting. Perhaps I am wrong? Which unit of Twok? North, south, or west?

Comment

Working...
                                X