Congrats! Looks like a good time

Comment

Tagged for the bags

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

talk about an adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
            Awesome Country. If you are on a tighter budget you can find Aoudad in Amistad National park. The country side is not as pretty and much smaller but they are there sometimes. I got lucky.[ATTACH]862562[/ATTACH]
            Nice Aoudad. I have always wanted to go bow hunting at Amistad. Was drawn to hunt Devils River the first year they had a hunt. Those Aoudad were everywhere out there. How crowded does it get out there? Heck of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
              Nice Aoudad. I have always wanted to go bow hunting at Amistad. Was drawn to hunt Devils River the first year they had a hunt. Those Aoudad were everywhere out there. How crowded does it get out there? Heck of a deal.
              In the area where you will find the auodad is not crowded in the middle of the week. They are not there all the time. Its hit and miss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

That is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                  A little shameless plug here...Ive been making deboned game bags for a while now and they are the bomb. We put a whole sheep in one bag no problem. If anyone needs some you know where to get them now
                  [ATTACH]842385[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]842386[/ATTACH]
                  so, how was the meat? I drew for Devils River and have gotten a lot of mixed reviews on the quality of meat.

any tips for preparation? also, do you sell those game bags?

-Brandyn

Comment

I have done this and it tasted pretty good.

Let it bleed out inside a cooler filled with ice and add salt to it. Drain the melted ice and keep adding ice until the melted ice comes out clear or light pink. We just ground up the whole thing into hamburger meat. We tried steaks but the meat was pretty tough. We had a lot of burger meat though. It still had some game taste to it but it was not bad in my opinion.

Maybe someone else has other ideas.

Comment

The meat is great. We did steaks and ground and my buddy made some smoked sausage. All of it is great. I let it sit on ice for 4-5 days then just cut it how you like and package it up. As good as deer imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                        The meat is great. We did steaks and ground and my buddy made some smoked sausage. All of it is great. I let it sit on ice for 4-5 days then just cut it how you like and package it up. As good as deer imo.
                        That's good to hear. I may try dry aging it in my garage fridge for a week or so, and see how that treatment does it. If I get one.

Comment

Thanks for sharing! I may try the phone scope!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Great hunt.

Comment

Looks like you and your buddies had a hard, great hunt.

Those where some nice pics.

Congrats to him on a nice trophy.

Comment

great pics. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                                X