• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josepht View Post
    Sounds good thank you!
    Sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by VictorG830 View Post
      They were added to the list for the 2018/2019 season after they were spotted in the designated hunting land last year .!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen axis this year? Any good locations they are willing to send me. Trying to get one before I move out east with the military in the spring.

Comment

Went out this morning pulled up bout 5am gamewarden pulled up as we were about to walk in got checked and we were on our way..!! Seen some does in the distance of where we were set up made a move around 9ish walked the cliffs near the water looking for the sheep no action , came all the way back to the big cliff over looking the big cove all we saw was a duck hunter set up in there.!! in one of the coves of the far cliffs near the water by the back of the area these was a huge blood trail blood bath kind what ever they got they sure put a good shot ..!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VictorG830 View Post
          Went out this morning pulled up bout 5am gamewarden pulled up as we were about to walk in got checked and we were on our way..!! Seen some does in the distance of where we were set up made a move around 9ish walked the cliffs near the water looking for the sheep no action , came all the way back to the big cliff over looking the big cove all we saw was a duck hunter set up in there.!! in one of the coves of the far cliffs near the water by the back of the area these was a huge blood trail blood bath kind what ever they got they sure put a good shot ..!!!!

Assuming area 5? Any other hunters besides the duck hunter?

Comment

As wet as we've been I don't think those duck hunters will be around long, doubtful there's much to shoot at.

Going down in a few days, see yall soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmill View Post
              Assuming area 5? Any other hunters besides the duck hunter?

Yeah area 5 there was 3 trucks on the north entrance and 3 on the south entrance but we left around 11 so there might have been more that left earlier.! Surprisingly we only saw the duck hunter and one other hunter .! Walking back to where we parked we saw tons of vultures on a tree in a draw musta been feasting on a guy pile or carcass.!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boweye View Post
                I reported it.
                Did you report it to both Game Wardens and NPS Rangers?? It sucks people have to do stupid sh@t like this!!

On a separate note I set in area 1 for the first time this year. I got in about an hour prior to first shooting light and the 25-35 MPH winds needless to say I did not see a thing... Gave me a chance to work on the old brush blind so it's almost ready to go...
                Last edited by Pedernal; 11-12-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  Area 1 has a large "bowl" just of the highway... It's actually a bowl shaped terrain feature that is at the end of a long finger draw that comes off of lake amistad... There is some actuall soil and should be bursting with browse die to all the rain. Enter from the southern entry gate for area 1 and walk the trail right to it... The wind will be in your favor... Normally the deer walk into that area keeping the prevailing southeast wind at their face/nose..

Good luck out there...
                  Thanks Pedernal!

Comment

Does it get crowded during the week out there during thanksgiving week? Im suppose to have off monday and tuesday and im thinking about giving it a try.

Comment

Yes, I don't hint Thanksgiving week anymore it's not possible to have a good hunt. Way too many Fudds use it as their only hunt and do stupid stuff out of desperation. Ask me some time about hunting with 6 people in the same little cove in area 4 or the guy shooting at running deer 50 yard shots. Ugh now I'm in a foul mood.

Comment

San Pedro opens up Nov 20.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Yes, I don't hint Thanksgiving week anymore it's not possible to have a good hunt. Way too many Fudds use it as their only hunt and do stupid stuff out of desperation. Ask me some time about hunting with 6 people in the same little cove in area 4 or the guy shooting at running deer 50 yard shots. Ugh now I'm in a foul mood.
                          Wow.. not good, i still may try and go just for the day Monday or Tuesday just to get somewhat familiar with the place since me and my brother want to do a three day during the week trip sometime in December. Thanks for the info

Comment

Well not gonna see any deer sitting at home on the couch so may as well.
                            There's one other group of hunters camping at 277N but I expect the traffic to increase quite a bit this weekend. Last year the Saturday before Thanksgiving I had to quit hunting my normal spots.
                            Had a buck 50 yards behind me last night thrashing a tree and making all sorts of weird noises, actually smelled him before he started his shennanigans. I didn't have my grunt call in my bag, 1st trip of the year kinda disorganized. I never saw him but I imagine he was roughly 14 points 185 or so score, roughly.

I slept in this morning, apparently "max power save mode" on the phone disables alarms.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              Well not gonna see any deer sitting at home on the couch so may as well.
                              There's one other group of hunters camping at 277N but I expect the traffic to increase quite a bit this weekend. Last year the Saturday before Thanksgiving I had to quit hunting my normal spots.
                              Had a buck 50 yards behind me last night thrashing a tree and making all sorts of weird noises, actually smelled him before he started his shennanigans. I didn't have my grunt call in my bag, 1st trip of the year kinda disorganized. I never saw him but I imagine he was roughly 14 points 185 or so score, roughly.

I slept in this morning, apparently "max power save mode" on the phone disables alarms.
                              You never saw him but you think he is a 14 pointer and scored 185???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                                You never saw him but you think he is a 14 pointer and scored 185???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                                Keywords.. imagine, roughly, and the smile he put at the end.

Let the guy dream!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X