Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^ lol!
    Don’t tell them where his children are at. I saw a couple of them yesterday!! The first one is getting huge!!!
    Last edited by switchback; 10-01-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Lol not asking for X spot, Some units are saw are just fields and some looked really thick and hard to access. I didn't know if this drove everyone to a few select units or not. Its good tho. I'll stick to what I know and go.

Comment

Originally posted by FF36 View Post
        Lol not asking for X spot, Some units are saw are just fields and some looked really thick and hard to access. I didn't know if this drove everyone to a few select units or not. Its good tho. I'll stick to what I know and go.
        Folks arent to keen on shareing the unit they hunt on here, lol Trust me, been there done that and probably hated for it,Lol
        Really ya just have to find a spot and start walking around in the off season, seeing whats up with that unit. And even some times, places ya have hunted in times past, deer arent coming through there any longer. Which was the case this weekend with my #1 spot, daylight came opening morning walking out. Didnt see tracks, nothing on the cams all weekend I used them. So on to spot #2 and maybe #3. Its a big unit and still there are places I haven't got to, that Im seeing on OnX maps

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
          Once I’m done with paramedic school end of the month I’ll be hittin the Woods! Good luck to y’all and save some for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Im in same boat. Cant wait for Medic school to be over. Too bad mine isn't over till January.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad2TheBone View Post
            Im in same boat. Cant wait for Medic school to be over. Too bad mine isn't over till January.

Nice! It goes by fast during internship for sure. Where you going to school at? I’m in TCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
              For those of you that slacked before season started... and the new persons.

I have a cousin in law, ( he may be part russian ),,,

He hacked into a Famous members puter, and gave me his GPS coordinates, from the last 27 years.

They include spots where he has kilt deer, hogs, squirrels, ducks and other wild game.

Times are tough right now,,.... gotta fix my beloved truck, SO

I am gonna put this massive file up for bid.. will save you hundred ‘s of hours of scouting. I will only accept the highest bid.... maybe.

I have seen’t his trophy wall.

Start the bidding at 1,800$,,, and go up from there. Gotta make it worth my risk.. If’n he finds out, I may be in trouble. He knows where I live.

Hi Mike. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji56][emoji851]

I'll bid $2,000! Could really use that info.

Wait! That''s my data!
              And that's 33 years worth (maybe 34 I forget), not 27!

Who's yo cuz? . I got a viru....uhh....gift for him . I'll send you won 2, for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                Nice! It goes by fast during internship for sure. Where you going to school at? I’m in TCC.

El Centro In Dallas.

Comment

How many of you guys hunt out of stands? I am hunting from the ground and have thought about a tree stand but haven't seen many trees sufficient for a stand. Just curious!

Comment

Originally posted by Bad2TheBone View Post
                    El Centro In Dallas.

Cool deal. Good luck to ya!

Comment

Originally posted by fowltrouble2 View Post
                      How many of you guys hunt out of stands? I am hunting from the ground and have thought about a tree stand but haven't seen many trees sufficient for a stand. Just curious!

Trees can be tough to come by, and especially a pia if you follow the rules and remove it each time you’re not using it. However i would prefer to hunt from a tree, i just rather not carry sticks and a stand in over and over.

Ground blinds are easier but the animals pick them off easier: natural ground blinds are ok but can be difficult to assemble if you follow the rules.

I’ve done both but most of my 14 years out there have been in a ground blind.

Comment

Originally posted by fowltrouble2 View Post
                        Ive hunted out of both,i prefer the treestand but like someone above siad, it is a pain in the ____ to haul it in, put it up,take down and haul out. Popup blinds are faster, less bulky to get in and out. However, not as easy to hide and thus get busted very easy. I cant get my stand very high in the tree tho, I sit like 7 8 foot up. Havent figured out how people get them 20 foot up lol Must be magic
                        Got smart this year and bought a cart to haul my stand (and deer if I ever get a opportunity on one lol) or in and out with.

Comment

Those carts are awesome for deer pigs and corn.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                            Those carts are awesome for deer pigs and corn.
                            Yep. Im sure

Comment

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

This late summer rain threw a wrench in a lot of my early season plans.

I had a buck patterned that I’ve been watching since July almost nailed down but with the recent rains there is a ton of fresh grass in areas there normally wouldn’t be anything, and the ragweed and bloodweed have taken off like crazy. Haven’t seen him or tracks near that old food source I had him in, and I kind of figured he’d be hitting the same spot but with it grown up from the rains I guess it’s no longer very good.

Last year it held up for a few weeks into the season but maybe he’s on to acorns already. Several trees are already dropping.

Supposed to be hot and rainy this weekend as well too.
                              Last edited by Kirby86; 10-02-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Yeha the late rains have really sprouted up all the vegetation and mosquitos from hell!

Comment

Working...
                                X