Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
    Ugh. Haven't even started spots this year. Maybe I will get out there and corn in a couple weeks. Don't wanna try opening weekend and next week is my Bray so I'm sure my family will have me busy that weekend since I work out of town during the week.
    I believe that your old spot is still good I havent seen anyone near there.

Comment

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Ugh. Haven't even started spots this year. Maybe I will get out there and corn in a couple weeks. Don't wanna try opening weekend and next week is my Bray so I'm sure my family will have me busy that weekend since I work out of town during the week.

Eh, I didn’t put a drop of corn out last year and skipped opening day and did okay. Part of it was because I just couldn’t bring myself to go back to where my dog got killed.

In any case, not being so gung ho in October paid dividends. Mainly because it lets other folks burn out who eventually will, and besides unless you have a buck on a bed to feed pattern, early season is such a crap shoot. Because no matter how much corn you put out, it will never be a primary food source for them, and it’s not magical. Nothing is for sure, but one thing that I have noticed in other Corp properties where I run cameras all season long is that bucks show up on camera magically plus or minus a few days to the week from the year prior. The only thing you can really base that off of is vegetation changes roughly the same time every year.

It’s a marathon, not a sprint, and all it takes is one!

Comment

My main spot is usually pretty good. Just have to corn it. Storm are you hunting the side I hunt or the other side?

Comment

Just 32 hours until legal shooting time folks!!

Comment

My main spot is usually pretty good. Just have to corn it. Storm are you hunting the side I hunt or the other side?
            Where i hunted last year and where you dove hunted this year.

Comment

Everyone be safe tomorrow and i wish you all sucess!

Comment

You to Storm, don’t forget the rain gear we could catch a couple showers

Comment

Sorry guys

I got my little boat out last week and it started right up, was about to head out to scout and set up a couple spots, figured it check lower unit oil and it was bone dry, seals are bad. They come in today so I'll try to get out around 1pm one weekday next week to get it done.

Hopefully I don't mess anyone up. Yes I'm that guy this yr. Haven't had time to do it earlier due to training at work, kid stuff and Colorado trip

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck in the morning to all going have fun and be safe

Comment

Thanks Ender

Comment

Headed out to the parking area

Comment

Im in the nightmare stage right now. Flashlight broke n i cant see anything.

Comment

In stand now.funny how you cant find your spot and youve been there countless times.

Comment

Same here my problem was that I hit the wrong button on the alarm this morning and slept 30 minuets longer than I planned but I’m here now hoping my body temperature cools and I didn’t scare off my biggun coming in late

Comment

God bless you all out hunting today!

Comment

Working...
                                X