No announcement yet.

PSA: Skin Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been there and done that--same tyoe on my upper chest. That was 24-25 yrs ago and no recurrence.

I go to the dermatologist twice per year and get frozen to death a little at a time. Worst part is the tops of my ears, but it beats the heck out of another skin cancer.

Use sunscreen for sure---it'll scare the crap out of you when the doc says "That's a skin cancer"

Comment

No need to tell me! But I'll help spread the word . I had one beside the left side of my nose just below my left eye. Cut me from there all the way to the bottom of my nose. And had a few others removed from my temple. Got to go have one looked at on my left nose now. Get-n cut on is no fun.

My Dad lost 1/4 of his nose, part of his upper lip, and the opposite lower lip. My grandfather used to get them removed off his forearms and hands all the time.

Comment

Don't forget your back. I have two big chunks missing from mine due to melanoma that I would not have found on my own. I was lucky to find it before it spread to my lymph nodes.

Comment

Guy's....I just had two cut off my face, one in May and the other in July.
          Lord have mercy, I don't want to go thru that again.

Cover up the best you can.

Comment

Just started the Mon-Wed-Fri regiment of chemo cream. On before bed, washed off each morning.

Comment

Little too late for me, been in the sun for 70 years, my damage was done long before anybody was even talking about this. You younger guys heed the OP’s warning, I’m scarred up like a logging mule.

Comment

Yep. Pay attention to these thing. It isn't always so minor. My brother has surgery tomorrow at MD Anderson for spindle cell sarcoma. In his case he had a spot cut out twice before and the doctors told him it was benign and nothing to worry about. This time they gave him the bad news. He told them he was going to MD Anderson (lives in OKC) and they looked at his prior pathology reports again. Called him and said OOPS! we misinterpreted the prior results. They were cancer all along. Please take all these PSAs seriously, get your annual physical and PSA checked. Have your colonoscopy done; its not that bad. Early diagnosis means everything.

Comment

Skin cancer is no joke . This is a buddy of mine . Complete removed his bottom lip and rebuilt it . Was a few weeks ago .

Comment

Welcome to the club brother, it never ends. Get a checkup every six months for the rest of your life.

Comment

Lost my eyelid this year and had it rebuilt. This is my sixth in the last 7 years. Thank goodness for plastic surgeons and insurance. Set me back $3,000, but I can barely notice the reconstruction.
                      Something odd? Go to the dermatologist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know, Had plug surgery in the Air Force in the temple, Have had many surgeries on the nose, ears, face, neck. Still alive and thankful for that. Pray all with this type of cancer, heals and have happy times in the future.

Comment

Half a year ago, the same thing happened to me, and I got to the dermatologist with some spots. But before that, I could feel itching, sometimes redness beyond the edge of a mole. My wife was worried about me, and she still recommended that I go to her dermatologist for treatment because this is an early stage of skin cancer. But I didn't believe her. She convinced me, and I went to her dermatologist. Thank God I'm better now. I already use sunscreen daily!
                          Last edited by Airzone; 02-04-2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Heeded my own and all the other advice and booked a visit to the dermatologist after having a skin cancer cut out of my chest ~15 years ago. All clear and scheduled for annual visit going forward.

Also got an all clear at the 6-month post treatment for prostate cancer. All praise to God. But don't tempt him guys, earlier detection is key to surviving this stuff.

Comment

I will add to this. I’m 43, olive complexion and no family history of skin cancer, rarely burned as a kid. But a year and a half ago while working roofing and constantly in the sun I had a rough scaly patch on my nose that would pop up periodically. My wife insisted I go to the dermatologist to have it checked. Pre-cancerous and a 4 day treatment of topical chemotherapy

Click image for larger version

Name:	20DBCB8B-5BFB-455B-8642-2BE5443AA409.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	24675172

Comment

More evidence !
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X