Which State Would You Hunt In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
    I've heard of some nice Muley's out of SD but not WT's. Might have to look into this a little more. Always wanted to make a hunt up there too.
    Great also.....I killed a big bodied deer there a few years ago. Antlers were 135ish but I saw some BEASTS!!!! ALL WHITETAILS!!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
      Any of those but KS. There's a hunter in every tree.
      I never experienced that in my 8 or 9 years there.[emoji848] However, I was largely private land and only did public land on week days.

Comment

Top State Stats from B&C's newest book - Records of North American Whitetail Deer, Sixth Edition.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

From 2008 to 2018

Comment

From the Boone & Crockett Club’s most recent data: #1 – Wisconsin Wisconsin is the #1 ranked state with 1,822 total entries and 6 counties in the top 20 U.S. counties with the most records produced. The #1 county overall is Buffalo County with 150 entries in the

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
              From 2008 to 2018

If you had 6400 acres in any of the top 4 states then odds say you shot a booner in the last 10 yrs. Now to find a 6400 acre lease in one of those states and hunt it hard for 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                Ohio...I have hunted there a couple of years and there are some flat out monsters. Just gotta find a farmer willing to let you hunt his land. Out of state license is relatively cheap.
                Not if you keep telling people lol

Comment

From 2008 to 2018

The Fallacy with all those numbers and charts is most locals and hunters don’t give two craps about B&C and P&Y score card. My friends I know in Kansas could care less and over the yrs they have killed multiple B&C deer. I’ve seen them. Same with friends in south Texas and the panhandle. And all over Texas for that matter. They don’t care about a score. Today it’s more about score but it use to not be

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    The Fallacy with all those numbers and charts is most locals and hunters don’t give two craps about B&C and P&Y score card. My friends I know in Kansas could care less and over the yrs they have killed multiple B&C deer. I’ve seen them. Same with friends in south Texas and the panhandle. And all over Texas for that matter. They don’t care about a score. Today it’s more about score but it use to not be
                    Don't doubt there are plenty of potential book deer taken everywhere that are never entered. I see Kent County Texas is not listed on the bc map in the article I linked too. However in the late 90s on a property I used to hunt the largest tx typical that year was shot on that ranch and was on the cover tth but not in b&c.

Comment

Iowa if you’re wanting to wait and shoot a true giant. Oklahoma, Missouri, nebraska if wanting OTC tags. Kansas would be somewhere in the middle. Iowa tags are worth the wait

Comment

1)Pike County Illinois (or anywhere in Southern Illinois) - Hunted it 5 years and loved the experience.
                        2) Ohio - Lived there two years, but didn't hunt. Saw enough and have buddies who have hunted there...would do it.
                        3) Iowa - Because
                        4) Kansas - Because

YOu didn't ask...but close enough for given ease of travel

5) Alberta - Hunted their 6 years and residence and 2 hosted. Special place chasing whitetails in Northern Alberta
                        6) Saskaweatchan - Even better rep and one can hunt bait, so better bow option by far
                        Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          I never experienced that in my 8 or 9 years there.[emoji848] However, I was largely private land and only did public land on week days.

Shhhhhh!

Comment

Don't doubt there are plenty of potential book deer taken everywhere that are never entered. I see Kent County Texas is not listed on the bc map in the article I linked too. However in the late 90s on a property I used to hunt the largest tx typical that year was shot on that ranch and was on the cover tth but not in b&c.

are you not hunting that big piece in kent anymore?

Comment

I'm researching for next fall, hunting public land. I'm going to spend about a month hunting 3 states, I hope, all close together. SW Wisconsin, SE Minnesota, and NE Iowa, if drawn. Opening days are about a week apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                My personal top 3 would be Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Taken nice deer in 2 of the 3…hoping to draw Iowa in 2025. I think you would have a great hunt in any of these states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X