Federal Prison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal Prison

So I’d like to hear from the brain trust here on the procedures on Federal Prison sentencing. There is a very well known POS here in Livingston that was indicted on insurance fraud to the tune of 1.8 million dollars. He struck a deal in feral court and plead guilty to most charges. The sentencing was 90 days after his court hearing and 2 weeks ago the Judge sentenced him to 2 years in the pen as per news report. Now 2 weeks later after the judge banged the gavel he still drives by my house every morning going to his place of business which happens to be next door to mine. Why is he still in the free world? Does a federal sentence allow you to just report to prison when it is convenient to you?

Sounds like a nark getting special treatment. Go ahead and shank him please.

Comment

Obviously the judge got a portion of that 1.8mill

Comment

I know of a guy that got sentenced a couple years for 2 mil + embezzlement . He didn’t spend more than I think 6 months.
        I don’t get it. Apparently crime does pay

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          So I’d like to hear from the brain trust here on the procedures on Federal Prison sentencing. There is a very well known POS here in Livingston that was indicted on insurance fraud to the tune of 1.8 million dollars. He struck a deal in feral court and plead guilty to most charges. The sentencing was 90 days after his court hearing and 2 weeks ago the Judge sentenced him to 2 years in the pen as per news report. Now 2 weeks later after the judge banged the gavel he still drives by my house every morning going to his place of business which happens to be next door to mine. Why is he still in the free world? Does a federal sentence allow you to just report to prison when it is convenient to you?
          So post sentencing, which he is, the Federal Bureau of Prisons will designate him to a BOP facility. BOP will notify him and the United States Pre-Trial Officer that he is assigned to. With that notification there will be a date to report to the facility he has been designated to. He does have have credit for any time he spent in Federal custody on these charges already.

Comment

It's always well known, if you're going to commit a crime, GO FEDERAL.

Comment

Insurance fraud? All insurance is fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by cbrown View Post
                So post sentencing, which he is, the Federal Bureau of Prisons will designate him to a BOP facility. BOP will notify him and the United States Pre-Trial Officer that he is assigned to. With that notification there will be a date to report to the facility he has been designated to. He does have have credit for any time he spent in Federal custody on these charges already.
                Wow. Sounds like he could be walking free for some time if waiting on Federal paper pushers. He still has several building projects going on as we speak like nothing has happened at all. He was ordered to pay back the 1.8 million as well. The judge probably set him up on a payment plan of 20 dollars a month . SMDH

Comment

Not sure but some perps of none violent crimes will get some time before they”report “ to prison. Not sure how that works but all his info should be public. You might be able to find it online by finding the court and judge that sentenced him.

Comment

He is not a flight risk nor a danger to the community. BOP allotments /space usually attempt to get inmates a space in their home region when possible. Also, there mat be some appeal process taking place....after the fact of pleading guilty. There is always some interesting twist in white collar sentencing.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m not a criminologist, legal authority, or formally trained person in any portion of the justice system….but I have watched a lot of YouTube videos. In some cases the convicted person has to report to prison by a certain date. That can be negotiated by the person’s legal representation (formally trained, of course) during the hearing.

Comment

I know one thing - full conviction, there is no parole. He may have gotten probation with credit for time served prior to trial.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          this is the absolute truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                            Turned States evidence. I know who you are taking about and he is the reason I cant get a quick burger and onion rings for lunch while killing the white bass

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              This is the best response.

Comment

Working...
                              X