No announcement yet.

School me on electric smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Masterbuilt 40 with no window. I guess about 5 years.
    If you want smoke at low temp get one of these.
    https://www.amazon.com/Smokin-Wedgie...tYL&ref=plSrch

Comment

Everyone makes fun of mine until they get a bite to eat. I took an old charcoal smoker and put a 1500w oven element in it. Put some wood chunks around the element and plug it in. Holds 250 degrees all day long. No Bluetooth necessary.
      Attached Files

Comment

I’d like to get one myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
          I won't smoke on anything but my Webber Smokey Mountain. Pretty dang easy to cook with, get it to temp and leave it alone. About as easy as a electric and pellet.
          This^^^

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
            picked up a green mountain Danial boone with WiFi for a crazy low cost . Smoked two rib eyes last night WOW the pellet smoker rocks .

So now to try more things . I have a pork butt that I want to try . any tips its about 7 lbs with bone in
            Inject it like crazy, I use kosmos, then spritz it with apple juice and apple cider vinegar every so often... trust me

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
              This item was mentioned a few times for great smoke and no having to refill so often . https://www.amazon.com/MAZE-N-AMNPS5...6XBR8SDWXX8B4R

I really want to keep it basic so not looked up pellet I guess more research
              This thing rocks. I’ve used it in my cold smoker for several years for sausage, cheese, etc.

Comment

I've got an old Bradley digital that I can't stand, the only reason I still have it is because I can cold smoke and it'll heat up to 320 if I need it.

Comment

Guys build a mailbox and connect it to
                  the bottom of the electric where the tube goes to cold smoke cheese. Instructions on the smoking meats forum.

Comment

I was having difficulty on hot smokes due to the proximity of my AMNPS to the burner, the pellets would burn up prematurely after only 4-5 hours.  When doing cold smokes, I was getting to much temp rise using pellets which is not a good thing while cold smoking salmon.  So I came up with a...

better article on mailbox mod.

Comment

Pork butts are easy .....you have to really screw things up to mess them up.

No need to inject as they are loaded with fat.....I've tried and just didn't notice a difference.

Send me an email address via pm HD and I'll send you a write up I have on pork butts I have shared with 70 plus TBHers.....never had anybody complain about their results..

Comment

Currently own a Traeger that is 5 years old. Will upgrade to Yoder once the Traeger decides to quit. Very impressed with Yoder.

Comment

Cold smoke on Cheese and Butter is easy, just get two of those Smoke tubes put on both sides of your grill or smoker close lid and let it go...anyone can do it...

Comment

My dad smoked some big thick burgers in his pellet smoker last night, good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Pork butts are easy .....you have to really screw things up to mess them up.

No need to inject as they are loaded with fat.....I've tried and just didn't notice a difference.

Send me an email address via pm HD and I'll send you a write up I have on pork butts I have shared with 70 plus TBHers.....never had anybody complain about their results..
                              Listen to this guy ^^^^^^. If the weather cooperates, I'm putting one on this coming weekend.

Comment

Will do so I followed a set up for ribs on sunday HA HA ruined them very dry . I cooked two racks at 180 for 4 hours then 3 hours at 200 . They looked great other than dry and tough . All three dogs ate very well last night . Learning curve for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X