No announcement yet.

deer decoy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never used one. Buddy already killed a buck last week and said I can use his decoy.

I plan on using it on my smokepole stand that overlooks my feeder in the woods and a 15 acre wheat field. I will be putting it in the wheat field approx. 100 yards from my tripod tomorrow AM. I’ll try to remember to report back if I had success or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck. All it’s gotta do is make them step out of the trees with a rifle and then it’s up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
        Good luck. All it’s gotta do is make them step out of the trees with a rifle and then it’s up to you.
        When they start stepping out with rifles I'm finished hunting for good.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol....make the stories on this site more interesting

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
            When they start stepping out with rifles I'm finished hunting for good.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
            They could probably kill us much easier than we kill them 😂😂

Comment

We’d all have to up our camo game and cover scents for sure!

Comment

I've had success with a doe decoy pre-rut. Once the rut really starts I don't use one.

Comment

I have used doe decoys and they work great! I shot a buck 2 seasons ago on public land using one. Had a doe come running down the creek edge with a buck hot on her tail. I had a doe decoy out with the wind blowing towards the creek. I was setup on the trail that came out of the creek. The doe bound off to the creek and the buck stopped at the trail. He looked back and forth, saw the doe cross the creek and saw my decoy off to his left. The wind blew the estrus scent on the decoy right in his face. He lip curled and walked right to the decoy, and gave me a 8 yard shot. Decoys flat out work.

Comment

This just happened 5 mins ago.....curious non-shooter buck walked in to look.
                    Could be a shooter buck next time

Comment

I've used them several times and had success with them. A buck and doe combo imo is the best. Typically a buck will approach a buck decoy head on and a doe decoy from behind. I set up my decoys to entice a deer to circle in bow range and face the decoys. Decoys also work great for gun hunters who hunt roads or pipelines with lots of visibility. Deer will walk out and look at the decoys almost every time. It's a great confidence decoy. The deer sees a decoy and usually relaxes. If anything it gives you a chance to shoot the deer while it stops to look at the decoy.

Comment

What make of decoys are you guys using?

Comment

Another buck....this is becoming a live hunt lol

Comment

^^^^ I see your in your favorite spot-good luck

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post

Another buck....this is becoming a live hunt lol
                              Primos Scar Buck Decoy?

Comment

Yes I believe it’s an older version of Scarface

I just had another small buck come by and knocked my decoy over, dang it now I have to go set it back up

Comment

Working...
                                X