No announcement yet.

deer decoy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use one and have for over ten years now , they work ! have killed some nice bucks with mine. they also will make the does courious and come in to check it out also .

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
      I use one and have for over ten years now , they work ! have killed some nice bucks with mine. they also will make the does courious and come in to check it out also .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had GREAT success in Kansas using a GlenDel Target without the antlers on it in an open field. I have watched bucks come in, get the wind in their favor and walk right to it. I always set it at about 25 yards quartered away, spray it down with scent killer and some EverCalm and a little estrous. On the other hand I have NOT have much success using one in the timber, only in open/CRP fields.

Comment

Decoys work

You can attract the attention of a curious buck with a doe decoy...he may commit and come real close, or maybe just a little closer or at least stops him in his tracks for a shot opportunity

I used one at Hagerman & caught the attention of a giant buck, he stopped with interest & walked off

Give it a try

Comment

Great video! did you notice that he would look around to see if anyone was watching

Comment

I have had some great success playing with doe decoys. I have even had three bucks at different sets repeatedly try to breed my doe. I have used tinks 69 sprayed on the doe and put a tail on the decoy. I have also rigged monofilament line to the tail so i could wiggle the tail. However, never had a "shooter" buck come in though.

Comment

Yes - love me some decoy hunting during the rut

Comment

I have used my decoys when am hunting in times where there isn't any deer movement or temps are right, early season and I got to say I've used my decoy 6 times and 5 times it brought in bucks!

Comment

I could see them working in locations that are wide open with low deer numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      I could see them working in locations that are wide open with low deer numbers.
                      If you’re assessment is correct, then that’s good for about 90% of us on TBH that have small places in areas with low deer populations. All I know is, in my neck of the woods, come early November through late December, I use them a lot.

Comment

The Deloma decoy is awesome. Slight breeze keeps it moving just enough to keep them coming on in without holding up due to suspicion

Comment

I have been using a doe decoy during pre-rut and rut, on food plots. They have worked well for me bringing in numerous bucks.

I do put some doe scent on the decoy.

Comment

I’ve used them quite a bit in Kansas with great success where it makes sense. Open areas where deer can see for a long ways and you can rattle and call to them. I’m against Doe Only setups and use either a lone buck or combo Tending buck with bedded doe. The single doe will inevitably spook any other doe in the country and they’ll ruin your hunt quick. This time of year bucks are just as likely to come in and show dominance to a buck decoy but I take it further with the combo a lot of times to make it really tick him off! I film my hunts too so it makes for a good show.

Comment

They can help to distract a deer from watching your location if you set one away from your stand.

Comment

It worked this morning!
                                And of course a much bigger one came 10 min after I shot that 8pt. Never fails...I posted today about it. Thread is Bday Buck

Comment

Working...
                                X