No announcement yet.

Stolen catalytic converters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like a redneck observation point at Aquilla may be in order. Anyone up?

Comment

I made a last minute decision not to fish Aquila Saturday. Glad I did and still have the catalytic converters on my Tundra.

Comment

They would be upset when they crawl under mine, ain’t got one.

Comment

We keep our gate open at the office for shipping trucks, UPS, and will calls. The came inside our fence at the office, stole 2 off the company truck around lunch time. Nobody thought anything of it as we have people drive in all day. Then they went around the front and tried to steal one off another employees truck, something spooked them. They came back the next day around 10 am and finished the job on the other truck. Both were Tundras. We got a license plate but I doubt much will happen to them. In Tomball.

Comment

KW at desert eagle said that 4 people climb under the truck with sawzall’s with 2-3 lookouts. In and out in under a minute. He will have skid plates available next week if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggies12 View Post
              We keep our gate open at the office for shipping trucks, UPS, and will calls. The came inside our fence at the office, stole 2 off the company truck around lunch time. Nobody thought anything of it as we have people drive in all day. Then they went around the front and tried to steal one off another employees truck, something spooked them. They came back the next day around 10 am and finished the job on the other truck. Both were Tundras. We got a license plate but I doubt much will happen to them. In Tomball.
              I was just down 249 from Tomball when they got me. Poutous Auto Repair near Willowbrook (Kodiak on TBH) found a cat and got me back on the road in a couple days. Valhalla Shield in Cypress took approx. 6 weeks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cat Sheild.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	24657470

Comment

Tundra owners - are they stealing the back 2 cats only or the front 2 as well??

Valhalla has a front guard and rear guard - do i need both, or would just rear be OK?

Comment

I wonder if they are cutting the pipe before and after the 02 sensors? Either way it's likely the engine won't run without the sensor data and even if it does run it would be in open loop or limp mode. Most newer cats don't even have the precious metal like platinum in them recyclers are after so why are they stealing them?

Comment

Originally posted by beefiedoubleoh View Post
                    Tundra owners - are they stealing the back 2 cats only or the front 2 as well??

Valhalla has a front guard and rear guard - do i need both, or would just rear be OK?

They just got the fronts of mine so I only ordered the front shield. Back must be more difficult since they didn’t get those.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
                      I was just down 249 from Tomball when they got me. Poutous Auto Repair near Willowbrook (Kodiak on TBH) found a cat and got me back on the road in a couple days. Valhalla Shield in Cypress took approx. 6 weeks.

[ATTACH]1056978[/ATTACH]
                      Poutous is a great shop.

Comment

There are adds on CL all the time, "Buying Catalytic Converters", "Wanted Catalytic Converters".
                        Cash, must be able to provide ownership, will not take anything stolen lol.
                        Hopefully it's the Po-lice

Comment

My wife's sister and her husband recently had theirs cut off their new motorhome while they were sleeping in it in Springfield, MO. Woke them up, but theives had it and were gone too fast to get caught. Police were excited to find a cell phone belonging to one of the thieves laying on the bumper of the rv. Opps!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                            My wife's sister and her husband recently had theirs cut off their new motorhome while they were sleeping in it in Springfield, MO. Woke them up, but theives had it and were gone too fast to get caught. Police were excited to find a cell phone belonging to one of the thieves laying on the bumper of the rv. Opps!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It won't matter, the judge will just let them go with a slap on the wrist.

Comment

I would love for them to get the cat and dpf off my 16' super duty, it could stand a strait pipe and a delete.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                                I would love for them to get the cat and dpf off my 16' super duty, it could stand a strait pipe and a delete.

I know a guy that can help to with this .

Comment

Working...
                                X