Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen catalytic converters

Wife and I just drove to and from
    Florida. Noticed several broke down vehicles on the roadside that appeared to have had the converters stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Roscoe; 06-04-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Old School Rd ramp has always had problems. I hardly ever launch there. I mostly use the Dairy Hill ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
        Mine were stolen off my 2017 Tundra right in front of our business location at 6:30 in the morning. Took them 3 minutes to do it.

What really sucks about this whole situation is there is a 60 day back order waiting to get them in. So I'm stuck waiting till July for my parts. I am having the protector plate installed as well.

$5600 to replace the cats.
        holy crap.

Comment

Mine were stolen off my 2017 Tundra right in front of our business location at 6:30 in the morning. Took them 3 minutes to do it.

What really sucks about this whole situation is there is a 60 day back order waiting to get them in. So I'm stuck waiting till July for my parts. I am having the protector plate installed as well.

Wow, you got hit by thieves twice it seems. Good grief those are expensive for what they are. You can buy a used vehicle for that price.

Comment

Unfortunately our liberal friends are more concerned about reducing the scrutiny at the polls than dealing with this issue or the reliability of the Texas power grid.

Comment

Why just not delete and tune it?
              My friend did this to his tundra and it's a beast

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                Kruppa, do you know, or can you find out, was it at the boat ramp parking, or the remote parking up the hill ?

Not sure if it was the remote parking area or not. I can see where that would be easier on them. This was during the week and the ramp hasn’t been that full so I’m not sure. I’ll ask my buddies to see if they know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buddies got stolen yesterday fishing at the Trinity River !

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                    Why just not delete and tune it?
                    My friend did this to his tundra and it's a beast
                    I'm not paying for it. I parked where the company instructed us to park. So I am getting OEM back on my truck. It's the waiting part that stings.

Comment

My neighbors Tundra was cut off a week ago at 3:30am..My buddy at work had his cut off at his dad's funeral.That's about as sorry as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                        I saw a video where South Carolina has made it illegal to poses a cat unless you can prove ownership. The scrappers are required to get an id with thumbprint and have a real place of business. Sounds like something Texas could adopt.
                        When I sold the DPF off my last truck to a recycle business in Houston, they required all that and then some.
                        I also have the recycler ID with a thumbprint and photo.

Texas does require such things, the SCUM are getting around the rules/ laws as usual.
                        Until we as a society say enough is enough and force longer term prison sentences for criminals, these semi-petty crimes are only going to get worse.

To add to this -
                        My aunt and uncle just had the cat stole off their RV while vacationing out of state. That will put a pinch in your Vaca.
                        Funny thing is they vote with the side that pushes for bond / prison reform.... here's your sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Old School Rd ramp has always had problems. I hardly ever launch there. I mostly use the Dairy Hill ramp.
                          I usually do as well but it’s closed right now. Had to use the old school ramp and was a little on edge until we got back and all was well

Comment

Buddy of mine was in Houston for work and got his stolen from his hotel. 2019 Tudra. 6000.00 to replace.
                            He was told it would take 3 weeks to get new ones from the Toyota Dealer.

Comment

Just wanted to bring back to the top. They got my buddy yesterday at Aquilla

Comment

They jumped the fence at my shop, and stole 5 converters off customer cars. The back of my shop is lit up very well too. Sad times we are in.

Comment

Working...
                                X