Any clock collectors on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any clock collectors on here?

My father willed this mantle clock to me. It belonged to my mothers father that I never knew. I'm trying to get some info such as age and maybe a value. It's not in perfect shape, but has never been refinished or worked on that I know of. The only markings are what is in the pics. There are no serial numbers anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210725_094713.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	25255324

Name:	Resized_20210725_094734.jpeg
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	25255325

Name:	Resized_20210725_094806.jpeg
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	25255326

Do a google search on it. There is information listed.

Comment

Clock & Watch blog.

Gentleman, I rec'd a Kitchen clock at the shop for repair and I would like to pick your brains about the clock. It's a Gilbert "Citizen No. 22" manifactured in Winsted Conn. according to the orig. label on the back of the clock. After removing the dial the Manif. Names on the front plate was...

Comment

Don’t know about old mantle clocks, sorry. Got a couple of old railroad pocket watches my father left me that have sentimental value but no idea of dollar value. Old watches are cool. I like the wood carving on your old clock, good luck with research.

Comment

This may help.

Here you will discover more about this intriguing piece of history and how you can date a Gilbert clock.

Comment

I've narrowed the age down to between 1915 and 1934. There is some decent info on the company and it's clocks, but I'm having trouble finding anything on this particular one.

Comment

Check with the clockshop.com ask them he might be able to give you some info. Fair warning the guy is kinda arrogant.

Comment

Working...
              X