R12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R12

Does anyone have access to R12 Freon? I’m trying to revive the factory AC in my 65 vette. If the mechanic checks out the system and it holds vacuum, I’d like to get it working and will need a little under 4 lbs of R12.

Thanks

ebay motors

Get the best deals on Refrigerant R-12 when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices.

Comment

Thanks!

Hoping someone may have some around before I try the eBay route.

Comment

I'm needing some for my 89' F150. I have a trade in the works that might land me some. I'll let you know if it pans out.

I'm trying to find something that doesn't have a trigger on it that will entice the guy into the trade.

Comment

I see it pop up on craigslist now and then for a premium.

Comment

Zero reason why a properly retrofitted R134A system can not be as cold as R12. Cheaper & Readily available. Why are you wanting R12?

Comment

The car is a 1965 original ac corvette. My understanding is 134a has different pressures and this can develop into seal leaks in the compressor. I’m trying to keep the car as original as possible.

Comment

I do believe I have some. I'll check tomorrow evening. Now just need t figure out how to get it to ya.

Comment

What happened to the Freon that was in it?

Comment

Not sure. The system was not operational when I purchased the car. If it holds vacuum and the compressor functions we are going to recharge it.

Comment

I have some I’ll look for it tomorrow I should have 4-5 small cans

Comment

Originally posted by airehead View Post
                        I have some I’ll look for it tomorrow I should have 4-5 small cans
                        Gracias amigo.

Comment

I have one 14oz can. PM me if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                            What happened to the Freon that was in it?
                            It’s 55 years old. All systems leak.

Comment

I have (4) 12 oz. Cans of R12 in The Woodlands. I don't need it so make me an offer or trade for 9mm?

Comment

Working...
                              X