No announcement yet.

Raise that flag! “Panchos”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up eating at the Pancho's in Bossier City, LA - about the only place we ever went to "eat out" back then.

On pay-day Friday you had to go early to beat all the Haughton people...that is what my dad said and I think he was right because the line was out the door.

Two chile rellenos with cheese sauce, two tamales with chili, a flaunta, rice w green chile stew and two tacos has been my starter plate since I've been old enough for the "all you can eat" deal.

Comment

Poncho's and LJ Silvers. Dining at its finest!

Comment

Circa 1989 college days... few of us o-linemen would go & put the hurt on them. Once I didn’t go but the other o-line took some d-linemen & they didn’t even lower the flag & once they stopped they laid down in the booths for a break then went back at it. Manager told them if they left he would comp all of their meals.

Comment

Originally posted by P.J. View Post
          Circa 1989 college days... few of us o-linemen would go & put the hurt on them. Once I didn’t go but the other o-line took some d-linemen & they didn’t even lower the flag & once they stopped they laid down in the booths for a break then went back at it. Manager told them if they left he would comp all of their meals.

This cracked me up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve raised many a flag in my day and still love me some Panchos. The chili rellenos (even with their cheap cheese sauce) are pure greatness and the only thing I like better than their sopapillas is Cafe Du Monde’s beignets. I try to make a trip at least once a year to the Pancho’s in Mesquite.

Comment

Double post

Comment

I'm going to Humble one today for my birthday!! I believe the last time I went was at the Jones rd@1960 location back in the 90's.

Comment

anybody else have that "raise the flag! raise the flag!" jingle stuck in their head now?

Comment

Originally posted by nbrantr View Post
                    anybody else have that "raise the flag! raise the flag!" jingle stuck in their head now?
                    Here's Freddie.
                    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDqLSQwI_44"]Freddie Fender Pancho's Mexican Buffet Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Tbh happy hour on the old Jacksboro Hwy?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes please !
                        Was there a week ago, cheese enchiladas, flautas so good !!

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                          I'm going to Humble one today for my birthday!! I believe the last time I went was at the Jones rd@1960 location back in the 90's.
                          So you wanted to spend your birthday on the crapper?

Comment

Dang I miss goin there as a kid!

Can’t believe the “raise the flag” hasn’t caught on at more restaurants. No need for the waiter to continually interrupt dinner conversation if there’s to flag up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slabby View Post
                              Did you miss the "l"? He said flag
                              I think you should refuel at Panchos. Xmas bay needs another good fertilizing

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
                                Tbh happy hour on the old Jacksboro Hwy?
                                made me throw up a little in my mouth. I can taste it and feel the indigestion

Comment

Working...
                                X