• Show
Clear All

Very cool.

Comment

O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
        Couple of weeks ago - about 100 miles due east of Padre Island National Seashore. Went 20ft plus seas and wind gusts over 60 mph. Scored tuna and encountered this front on the sail home to Port A.

That’s a big ole nope for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Direct lightning strike on a boat like this, 50/50 on electronics surviving the shot. The diesels will continue to run.....navigation turns to magnetic compass, handheld GPS and cell phones with Nautical nav apps - tight enough to beach for hi-site connectivity. The bulk of us lall have NAV and Tracking gear with GPS phones for extra offshore to shore communication and sat nav capability. Magnetic compass in the NW Gulf is a 3 degree east declination.

In a metal boat, you stay covered inside during the worst portion, no problem with lightning - it will hammer the steel and try to ground off into the water.
          Last edited by AtTheWall; 05-30-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

First time viewer on this thread have gotten minimal work done since 9am flipping through all 3200 posts. all I can say is we have some amazing photographers on the GS and also loved everyone who shared family pics both old and new. Congrats to all those who have added new members to their families over the years on this thread and my condolences to those who lost members over the years who shared pics on this thread. I would have to say though to me this is the best and perfect thread if I had to pick one to show an outsider to explain what the GS is all about it would be this one. From all the Wildlife photos to the family photos to the photos of successful hunts and fishing trips, pics of military service and all of the other fascinating things yall have done and shared with us on this thread. I am willing and excited to take the chewing from the bossman today due to my lack of effort (lol) because this thread is awesome!

Comment

Found this guy on the front porch light when i got home today. Pretty cool. Never seen one before.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post

What in the world?

Comment

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                      Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                          What in the world?
                          This was a scene near a drill ship - around 3,000 ft deep and roughly 130 miles offshore.

It's an non-toxic dye. Apparently they ran a pipe test, checking for leaks and used this dye mixed with seawater to conduct their tests.

Pretty darn freaky when viewed as shot.

Comment

Ozarks - White River Arkansas - below Bull Shoals

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X