No announcement yet.

Man I hate Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lived in Houston 2 years to the day; two years too much.

Comment

Bash away but just know you'll be here if your health ever takes a turn for the worst. Yeah there are some scum bags but what do you expect when there are 7,000,000+ people in a single city? Sorry you caught the **** end of the stick but bashing this whole city really makes me think of the all cops are bad narrative, which is another crock of ****.
      Last edited by arrowsmack324; 10-23-2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I work in Houston and surrounding areas daily and have for about 15yrs now and its getting worse all the time. As a mobile truck technician I have worked in every part of Houston at every time of the day and night and have been in some pretty tense situations over the years. I can remember at least a half dozen times or probably more that I've had the police roll up and ask me if I knew where I was(besides on the side of the street working on a truck) and want to know if I had something to protect myself besides the tools of my trade and mechanics mace(Brake cleaner-it works well-trust me) necause it was a bad area to be in with a truck load of tools and equipment, have even had some that would continue to pass by every half hour or so if I was going to be there a while during the night. I've dealt with a little of everything over the years from homeless beggars and dopeheads to lot lizards and gang bangers. I have worked with several guys that have had all their tools stolen while they were inside a parts dealer or test driving a custmoers vehicle,etc. I despise theives with a passion because I worked my tail off for everything I have and hate the thought of some lazy sob taking it cause they are to useless to work to earn their own money to buy what they want.
        My buddy arrived late last night from Bama for a family members wedding this weekend, got to the hotel and went to bed, when they got up this morning someone had tried to break into their truck, luckily they weren't able to get into it. That was in Kingwood(like I said its moving out) which used to be a pretty decent place. I have lived just east of Cleveland most of my life and I am currently looking for 20-30 acres another hour or two north of that now just to try to keep em off the top of me as the spread outward continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairieboy View Post
          I work in Houston and surrounding areas daily and have for about 15yrs now and its getting worse all the time. As a mobile truck technician I have worked in every part of Houston at every time of the day and night and have been in some pretty tense situations over the years. I can remember at least a half dozen times or probably more that I've had the police roll up and ask me if I knew where I was(besides on the side of the street working on a truck) and want to know if I had something to protect myself besides the tools of my trade and mechanics mace(Brake cleaner-it works well-trust me) necause it was a bad area to be in with a truck load of tools and equipment, have even had some that would continue to pass by every half hour or so if I was going to be there a while during the night. I've dealt with a little of everything over the years from homeless beggars and dopeheads to lot lizards and gang bangers. I have worked with several guys that have had all their tools stolen while they were inside a parts dealer or test driving a custmoers vehicle,etc. I despise theives with a passion because I worked my tail off for everything I have and hate the thought of some lazy sob taking it cause they are to useless to work to earn their own money to buy what they want.
          My buddy arrived late last night from Bama for a family members wedding this weekend, got to the hotel and went to bed, when they got up this morning someone had tried to break into their truck, luckily they weren't able to get into it. That was in Kingwood(like I said its moving out) which used to be a pretty decent place. I have lived just east of Cleveland most of my life and I am currently looking for 20-30 acres another hour or two north of that now just to try to keep em off the top of me as the spread outward continues.
          We certainly do need an open season on Methican Americans.

Comment

It was probably the security guards.

Comment

Houston has been really good to me. What happened sucks but there is crap everywhere just a little more there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Hate a thief.

Comment

About a year ago someone busted out my side window on my truck. They stole a gym bag with some dirty clothes in it. I think I paid over $400 for window. This was in Houston.

Comment

IF the money wasnt here I would move in a heart beat.....but I am north of Houston and rarely go downtown....
                    0 times this year with the Astros situation

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                      I agree with the comments that Westheimer can be sketchy, even around the Galleria. River Oaks/Upper Kirby area isn't too bad, but there's still vehicle break-ins due it not being far from lower income areas.

What hotel?
                      West chase area / Hilton near belt 8
                      We had even more problems down Westheimer at discount tire, while I was waiting on some replacement tires, the manager came and asked me if I could leave and wait at a restaurant down the street. Because my red PPE mask was upsetting some people “ I didn’t realize Houston had such racial tension the other customers
                      Were very upset about something

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post

West chase area / Hilton near belt 8

We had even more problems down Westheimer at discount tire, while I was waiting on some replacement tires, the manager came and asked me if I could leave and wait at a restaurant down the street. Because my red PPE mask was upsetting some people “ I didn’t realize Houston had such racial tension the other customers

Were very upset about something

I hope you call discount Corp and told that manager to pound sand.

Comment

Reminds me of the time I stayed overnight in San Antonio. Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                            We certainly do need an open season on Methican Americans.
                            Agreed along with a lot of other types! ie; child molesters, rapists, cold blood murderers, etc. A place like Houston or Dallas(anywhere) where there are millions of people the police are seriously out numbered and don't stand a chance without the help of the good citizens to help police their own neighborhoods and hold their own friends, families and neighbors accountable for their actions and teach them to be good people.. But a lot of the same people that don't do anything to help the situation are the first ones to criticize the police that have deal with the b.s. day in and day out while being under paid and prosecuted for every mistake and every misperception pushed by the media for putting their lives on the line daily trying to protect the good people. I know there are bad cops and have dealt with one or two myself but they are only a few compared to all the good ones, just the same as I know there are good people in Houston as I deal with lots of them daily but there's a lot of bad as well and its a place I won't ever live again and sure wouldn't try to raise a family in the city or any other large city for that matter for all the same reasons.
                            We won't discuss my views on criminal justice for those types listed above, I'm sure a lot of the gs guys are like minded in the matter but I'm sure there would be some upset by my opinion on that subject.

Comment

houston

Originally posted by JES View Post
                              Security saw it, because they were probably the ones that did it!
                              I'm with you

Comment

TRUMP bumper sticker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X